UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II) Notification 2019 Apply Online
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) notification has released for conducting Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II) including SSC Women (Non – Technical) courses from the candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Details of the examination are as follows:
Name of Posts: (Total No. of Posts)
Combined Defence Services Exam II: 417 posts
Distribution of Vacancies:
A Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for admission to the under mentioned courses :
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]: 100 nos
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2020 Executive (General Service)/ Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)]: 45 nos
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]: 32 nos
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020 [(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) October, 2020 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC]: 225 nos
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai—26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020: 15 nos
(i) The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
(ii) The number of vacancies given above is tentative and may be changed at any stage by Services H. Q.
Eligibility for the Examination:
1. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
2. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
3. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview/ Personality Test.
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy— Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/ Navy/ Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Lieutenant: Level 10 Rs.56,100 – Rs.1,77,500
Captain: Level 10 B Rs.61,300 – Rs.1,93,900
Major: Level 11 Rs.69,400 – 2,07,200
Lieutenant Colonel Level: 12A Rs.1,21,200 – Rs.2,12,400
Colonel: Level 13 Rs.1,30,600 – Rs.2, 15,900
Brigadier: Level 13A Rs.1,39,600 -Rs. 2,17,600
Major General: Level 14 Rs.1,44,200 – Rs.2,18,200
Lieutenant General HAG Scale: Level 15 Rs.1, 82, 200 – Rs.2,24,100
HAG+Scale: Level 16 Rs.2,05,400 – Rs.2,24,400
VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG): Level Rs. 17 2,25,000/-(fixed)
COAS: Level 18 2,Rs.50,000/-(fixed)
Scheme of Examination:
1. The Competitive examination comprises:
(a) Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
2. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy—
i. English 2 Hours, 100 Max Marks
ii. General Knowledge 2 Hours, 100 Max Marks
iii. Elementary Mathematics 2 Hours, 100 Max Marks
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy—
1. English 2 Hours, 100 Max Marks
2. General Knowledge 2 Hours, 100 Max Marks
Written Test, Personal Interview, Personality Test
Centres of Examination:
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
AGARTALA, AHMEDABAD, AIZAWL, BENGALURU, BAREILLY, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, CUTTACK, DEHRADUN, DELHI, DHARWAD, DISPUR, GANGTOK, HYDERABAD, IMPHAL, ITANAGAR, JAIPUR, JAMMU, JORHAT, KOCHI, KOHIMA, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MADURAI, MUMBAI, NAGPUR, PANAJI (GOA), PATNA, PORT BLAIR, PRAYAGRAJ (ALLAHABAD), RAIPUR, RANCHI, SAMBALPUR, SHILLONG, SHIMLA, SRINAGAR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, TIRUPATI, UDAIPUR AND VISAKHAPATNAM.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website ( http://upsc.gov.in) for downloading by candidates. No eAdmit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)
(Female/ SC/ ST candidates are exempted from payment of fee)
Mode of Payment:
Payment either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ Master/ Rupay Credit/ Debit Card.
How to Apply:
Candidate need to apply online through official website or the link given below. Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/ Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used or all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/ Personality Test/ SSB.
Last Date for Submission of Applications: 08.07.2019 till 6:00 PM.
Date of CDS (II) Examination: 8th September, 2019
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|