UPSC CDS II 2018 Notification for 414 Vacancies
The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has invited online application from eligible candidates for conducting Combined Defence Services Examination-II (CDS Examination II 2018). Details of the examination are as follows:
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 147th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2019 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] : 100
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: Course commencing in July, 2019 Executive
(General Service)/ Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)]: 45
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2019 i.e. No. 206 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]: 32
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras): 110th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2019. (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry): 225
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai—24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course
commencing in October, 2019: 12
(i) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999) only are eligible.
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
(iv) For Officers' Training Academy (SSC Course for men) unmarried male
candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers' Training Academy: (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 2000.
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognisedUniversity/ Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army /Navy /Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application.
Mode of Selection: Based on recruitment examination.
Candidates (excepting Female/ SC/ ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)
Mode of Payment:
Either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
How to Apply:
Candidates need to apply online through official website.
1. Starting Date to Apply Online: 08-08-2018
2. Last Date to Apply Online: 03-09-2018
3. Last Date for Payment of Fee through Cash: 02-09-2018
4. Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online: 03-09-2018
5. Date for Exam: 18-11-2018