University of Hyderbad Admission to PG, M-Tech, M-Phil, PhD Courses 2019-20
University of Hyderabad invites bright, aspiring students committed to excellence to apply for admission to various 5 Year Integrated P.G., P.G., M.Tech, M.Phil. courses and Ph.D. programmes through an All India entrance examination. Details of the admission are as follows:
3. M.Phil and
Schools of Study:
1. School of Mathematics and Statistics
2. School of Computer and Information Sciences
3. School of Physics
4. School of Chemistry
5. School of Life Sciences
6. School of Humanities
7. School of Social Sciences
8. School of Economics
9. Sarojini Naidu School of Arts and Communication
10. School of Management Studies
11. School of Medical Sciences
12. School of Engineering Sciences and Technology
1. For P.G:
M.Sc. (5-Year Integrated) in Sciences:
With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education (Intermediate/ CBSE/ ICSE/ HSC or equivalent) with Science subjects only.
M.Sc. (5-Year Integrated):
With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education or equivalent (Intermediate/ CBSE/ ICSE/ HSC or equivalent) in Arts and Sciences.
M.A. (5-Year Integrated) in Humanities:
With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education (Intermediate/CBSE/ ICSE/HSC or equivalent) with Hindi /Telugu as one of the subjects.
(Note: The students who are applying for Hindi/Telugu should have studied respective subjects at +2 level.)
In case a student has not studied Hindi/ Telugu as one of the subjects, he/she should have passed a oriental title examinations equivalent to Intermediate (i.e. + 2 level) in Hindi / Telugu by Government of India or any State Government thereof along with + 2 level.
M.A. (5-Year Integrated) in Social Sciences:
With a minimum of 60% marks at +2 level of education (Intermediate/ CBSE/ ICSE/ HSC or equivalent)
2. For M.Tech:
Valid GATE Score in Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Instrumentation Engineering / Physics. with Either
(a) at least 60% aggregate marks in the Master’s degree in Electronics Science /Electronics/ Applied Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Engineering Physics & Instrumentation/ Physics(with Electronics as one of the Subjects) / Radio physics/ Radio Physics & Electronics. OR
(b) at least 60% aggregate marks in the B.E./ B.Tech., in Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engg/ Electronics and Communication Engg/ Electronics and Control systems/ Electronics and Information Systems/ Electronics and Instrumentation/ Electronics Engineering/ Electronics Science and Engineering/ Electronics Technology/ Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electronics Engg./ Instrumentation & Control Systems/ Instrumentation Technology
GATE Fellowship is extended to all candidates admitted to M.Tech (I.C technology) in regular mode.
3. For M.Phil:
Master’s degree in respective subjects with at least 55% marks
4. For Ph.D:
Master’s degree in respective subject with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade.
1. The question paper should be answered only in English except in the case of admission to language courses for which the question paper should be answered in the language concerned.
2. The Entrance Examinations for various P.G. Degree Courses, I.M.Sc. (5-year Integrated) courses in Sciences and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) courses in Humanities and Social Sciences will consist of only a written test of 100 marks.
3. The entrance examinations in the case of MPA, MFA and M.A. in Communication in the Sarojini Naidu School, MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics, Executive MBA will consist of a written test and a practical test/ Group Discussion and/or interview. Only such candidates who are found successful in the written test will be called for the practical test/ Group Discussion and/or interview at Hyderabad. The tentative schedule for the written test, practical test/ interview for all the courses is given in a tabular form at the end of this chapter.
4. The entrance examination for the MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics and Executive MBA will consist of a written test and an interview. The written test will carry 75 marks and the Group Discussion and Personal Interview 25 marks.
5. Admission to M.Tech Computer Science/ Artificial Intelligence/ Information Technology/ Information Security/ Bioinformatics/ Materials Engineering Courses will be as per the guidelines of CCMT Centralized Counseling for M.Tech.)
6. The admission to 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Computer Science will be done through CSAB based on JEE (Main) examination score 2019.
7. Admission to M.Tech. Integrated Circuit Technology is based on GATE scores.
8. The admission to MCA will be done through NIMCET-2019 scores.
9. Please see section on Minimum qualifications for admission to various courses and intake for the academic year 2019-20, for instructions to sponsored candidates.
9. The performance of the candidates in the test consisting of Objective or Multiple Choice Questions will be evaluated using the OMR technology as listed below. The candidates will be required to mark the answers in the OMR Sheet with blue or black ball-point or sketch pen during the test. Necessary instructions will be given in the relevant question papers.
10. The question paper for the following subjects shall be answered on OMR sheet: I.M.Sc. and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) in different disciplines; M.Sc. – Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics, Statistics-OR, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Biology & Biotechnology, Molecular Microbiology, Animal Biology & Biotechnology, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology; Master of Public Health (MPH); M.A. – English, Philosophy, Hindi, Telugu, Applied Linguistics, Comparative Literature, Sanskrit Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Communication, MPA Theatre Arts, MFA Painting, Print Making, Sculpture, Art History and Visual Studies, MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics, Executive MBA, M.Phil. Hindi, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Political Science, Economics, Anthropology, Ph.D. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Electronics Science & Engineering, ACRHEM, Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Sciences, Animal Biology, Biotechnology, Telugu, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Political Science, Anthropology, Economics, Management Studies, Materials Engineering, Nanoscience and Technology and Integrated M.Sc./ Ph.D. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Animal Biology & Biotechnology and Biotechnology.
Scheme of Examination:
The Entrance Exam marks shall be used only for shortlisting candidates to be called for interview.
The Interview will be conducted for 30 marks.
The basis of final shortlisting of candidates for admission will be on merit of marks obtained in written test and Interview put together. The Admission Committees of various Schools will determine the due weightages to the following components like:
1. Research Proposal and its defense
2. Academic Record/ Performance in PG/ Gold Medal/ Performance in the Written Test
3. Having fellowship/ M.Phil./ NET/ SET
5. Research Experience, etc.
The following criteria shall be followed, in sequence to resolve ties, where candidates secure the same marks in the written test:
(a) First criterion: Marks obtained in Part – A of the written test.
(b) Second criterion: Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree/ other examination. If the final result is not available, then the marks up to the 2nd year will be taken into account.
(c) Third criterion: Marks obtained in the degree examination immediately preceding the qualifying degree examination.
(d) Fourth criterion: Marks obtained in the next lower public examination. Interviews for candidates short-listed for admission to M.Phil, Ph.D. on the basis of written test will be held from 9th July to 13th July 2019.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply online through University website or the link given below. Before applying online, candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/ her Photograph (25kb) and signature (10kb). Scanned copy of Caste Certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS applicants
Application Fees :
EWS : Rs.500/-
OBC : Rs.350/-
SC/ ST/ PWD(PH) : Rs 250/-
Mode of payment:
After filling the online application form, the candidate can pay the fees immediately using ONLINE Payment Gateway link provided on the form.
Online Application start date: 01-04-2019
Last date for submitting the Online Application: 03-05-2019
Downloading of Hall Tickets from: 20-05-2019
Dates of Entrance Examinations: 27-05-2019 to 31-05-2019
No individual communication will be sent to the candidate. All the result notifications will be posted only on this web site and hence, candidates are advised to visit this site from time to time.
For more details, refer official notification
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|