UGC PG Scholarship Scheme for SC/ ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses 2019
The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions as given below.
For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
* Universities /Institutions /Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act.
* Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to
receive grants-in-aid from UGC,
* Universities /Institutions/ College funded by Central/ State Government.
* Institutes of National Importance.
1. Courses which require approval from Regulatory Council i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), NCTIS, NCTE Bar council of India (BCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), INC, FORENSIC REGULATORY & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF INDIA are considered professional courses.
2. M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are accepted as “Non-professional courses”:
3. Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
4. Only students pursuing first year of postgraduate course during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
Procedure for applying for the scheme:
* The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online on National
Scholarship Portal after issue of advertisement to be published by the UGC once in a year through
leading newspaper and Employment News and also on UGC website.
* The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application.
Nature of Assistance available under the Scheme:
1. The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course
and not for extended period of study, if any.
2. Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided
Scholarship @ Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other
courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs.4500/- per month.
3. No contingency is payable to the students selected under the scheme with effect from
selection year 2017-18.
4. The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I
year course during the selection year.
5. The University/ Institute/ College should verify the application of the candidates with regard
to the professional courses as provided in the guidelines
1. Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first year post
graduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
2. The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress
report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g.
Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer
designated by them).
3. Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
4. Change in course of study will not be permitted.
5. Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
6. The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through
the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
To Apply Online: Click Here
1. Scheme Closing Date: Open till 31-10-2019
2. Defective Verification: Open till 15-11-2019
3. Institute Verification: Open till 15-11-2019