RIMS Imphal Admission Notification for PG Courses Jan 2019
Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, (RIMS) Imphal, Manipur has released admission notification for Postgraduate (MD/ MS/ DIPLOMA) for the session 2019. Details of the eligibility are given below:
Name of Course:
MD/ MS/ Diploma Courses
Categories of Postgraduate Seats:
There are four categories of PostGraduate seats available in Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal:
A) Sponsored: (Arunachal Pradesh-7, Manipur-7, Meghalaya- 7, Mizoram-7, Nagaland-7, Sikkim-7 & Tripura-7)
B) Open: (Arunachal Pradesh-2, Manipur-2, Meghalaya-2, Mizoram-2, Nagaland-2, Sikkim-2, Tripura-2 and RIMS (AIQ)-02
C) RIMS-AIQ: 50 %
D) Non- RIMS graduate category: 05 (from N.E region except Assam)
(A) Sponsored Category:
1. Candidate must be an Indian national holding MBBS degree from a Medical College/ Institute recognized by Medical Council of India and has obtained permanent registration from MCI or any State Medical Council. In the nomination letter, any directive /option of subject preference mentioned against the names of candidates will not be entertained as the allotment of seats will be strictly done in order of merit of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-PG).
2. Candidates working in the State Health Services on regular basis only will be considered.
3. Candidates who are appointed on temporary/ contract basis or adhoc-appointments shall not be considered under the 'Sponsored Category'. Candidates appointed by any other establishment in the state other than the State Health Services will not be considered
4. Release order from the sponsoring State Health Services should categorically mention that salary during the postgraduate course will be given to the candidate by the sponsoring state Government and she or he will continue to work under the respective State Health Services after completion of the course.
5. Admission for the sponsored candidates will be cancelled at any time if they have been admitted in the postgraduate course by submitting false information or document.
Candidate must be an Indian national holding MBBS degree from Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal and must have obtained permanent registration from MCI or any State Medical Council. A candidate who is completing 12 months compulsory rotatory internship on or before 31.3.2019 and submit a relevant certificate from the concerned Head of the Institute, can appear in the Counselling for admission to MD/MS/Diploma Courses
C) RIMS-AIQ Category:
Candidate must be an Indian national admitted in Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal under All India Quota (AIQ) holding MBBS degree.
D) Non- RIMS graduate category:
Candidate must be an Indian national from North-Eastern Region of India except Assam holding MBBS degree from any MCI recognized Medical Institution except RIMS, Imphal and has obtained permanent registration from MCI or any State Medical Council. A candidate, who is completing 12 months compulsory rotatory internship on or before 31.3.2019 and submit a relevant certificate from the concerned Head of the Institute, can appear in the counselling for admission to MD/ MS/ Diploma Courses.
Duration of Courses:
1. For MD/ MS: The courses will be of 3 (three) years from the date of admission and 2 years for those with recognized two years P.G. Diploma holders in the same subject.
2. For Diploma: The course will be of 2 (two) years from the date of admission.
Who are not eligible:
1. Candidate who applies in both Open and Sponsored categories for the same academic session. A candidate can submit only one form either in open or sponsored category.
2. Candidate who has already obtained an MD/ MS Degree from Manipur University or any other University in India.
i) Selection will be strictly based on the marks obtained in the NEET-PG 2019 examination and selection will be purely on merit basis.
ii) Vacant seats belonging to AIQ and sponsored categories after counselling will be allotted to the waitlisted eligible candidates after making a common pool of merit list separately for Open and Sponsored Category respectively based on the merit of the NEET-PG examination in subsequent counselling. Cross over from Sponsored to Open or vice-versa will not be allowed.
iii) Candidates who are not eligible/ qualified in their respective categories shall not be considered for admission.
Inter-se-merit of candidates obtaining equal marks:
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the competitive entrance examination, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as follows:-
i) Seniority, in case of in-service candidates.
ii) Minimum number of attempts in MBBS Examination.
iii) Candidate securing higher percentage of marks in Final MBBS Examination (Part-I & Part-II combined).
iv) Older candidate will be given preference over younger one.
Rs.2000/- (Rupees two thousand only)
Mode of payment:
Demand Draft of drawn in favour of Director, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal payable at Imphal. (except UBI, RIMS Branch)
How to Apply:
Candidate need to submit application in the prescribed form. The candidate should fill in the application form in his/her own handwriting, clearly and legibly should reach the Office of the Director, Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Lamphelpat, Imphal - 795004 Manipur.
Documents to be examined during Counselling:
At the time of counselling, the candidate is required to produce the following documents:
1. Acknowledgement slip issued by RIMS, Imphal on submission of the prescribed form for PG seat in RIMS, Imphal.
2. Admit Card of NEET- PG - 2019
3. Score Card in NEET-PG -2019
4. University MBBS Degree certificate.
5. Mark sheets of MBBS Examinations (1st,2nd & Final)
6. Permanent MCI/ State Medical Council Registration Certificate
Last date of receipt of application: 11-03-2019
Tentative date for counselling: 10-04-2019