Railway Recruitment Boards Recruitment March 2019 for 103769 Various Posts
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has invited application from the eligible Indian Nationals of this CEN for the following posts in various units of Indian Railways. Details of the recruitment are as follows:
Name of Zones/ Railways: (No of Vacancies)
1. Central Railway: 9345 posts (UR-3597, SC-1398, ST-759, OBC-2656, EWS-935)
2. East Central Railway: 3563 posts (UR-1369, SC-555, ST-325, OBC-956, EWS-358)
3. East Coast Railway: 2555 posts (UR- 1034, SC- 412, ST- 198, OBC- 653, EWS- 258)
4. Eastern Railway, CLW & Metro: 10873 posts (UR-4926, SC-1461, ST-775, OBC-2619, EWS-1087)
5. North Central Railway and DLW: 4730 posts (UR-2080, SC-678, ST-317, OBC-1175, EWS-474)
6. North Eastern Railway, MCF and RDSO: 4002 posts (UR-1570, SC-615, ST-307, OBC-1107, EWS-403)
7. North Western Railway: 5249 posts (UR-2132, SC-814, ST-384, OBC-1393, EWS-526)
8. Northeast Frontier Railway: 2894 posts (UR-1119, SC-449, ST-226, OBC-809, EWS-291)
9. Northern Railway, DMW and RCF: 13153 posts (UR-5144, SC-2017, ST-1031, OBC-3644, EWS-1317)
10. South Central Railway: 9328 posts (UR-3663, SC-1432, ST-722, OBC-2577, EWS-934)
11 South East Central Railway: 1664 posts (UR-797, SC-219, ST-115, OBC-366, EWS-167)
12. South Eastern Railway: 4914 posts (UR-1933, SC-738, ST-361, OBC-1305, EWS-482)
13. South Western Railway and RWF: 7167 posts (UR-2745, SC-1138, ST-557, OBC-2006, EWS-715)
14. Southern Railway and ICF: 9579 posts (UR-4363, SC-1353, ST-787, OBC-2118, EWS-958)
15. West Central Railway: 4019 posts (UR-1596, SC-633, ST-308, OBC-1080, EWS-402)
16. Western Railway: 10734 posts (UR-4287, SC-1647, ST-812, OBC-2914, EWS-1074)
Total RRB Level 1 Vacancies: 103769
(UR- 42355, SC- 15559, ST- 7984, OBC- 27378, EWS- 10381. Out of the total posts, 20734 posts are reserved for EXM, 20734 for CCAA & 4438 for PWD candidates)
Name of the posts:
1. Assistant (Workshop) (Mechanical)
2. Assistant Bridge (Engineering)
3. Assistant C&W (Mechanical)
4. Assistant Depot (Stores)
5. Assistant Loco Shed (Diesel) (Mechanical)
6. Assistant Loco Shed (Electrical)
7. Assistant Operations (Electrical)
8. Assistant Pointsman (Traffic)
9. Assistant Signal & Telecom (S and T)
10. Assistant Track Machine (Engineering)
11. Assistant TL & AC (Electrical)
12. Assistant TL & AC (Workshop) (Electrical)
13. Assistant TRD (Electrical)
14. Assistant Works (Engineering)
15. Assistant Works (Workshop) (Engineering)
16. Hospital Assistant (Medical)
17. Track Maintainer Grade IV (Engineering)
Age limit: (as on 01.07.2019)
Minimum 18 to Maximum 33 years.
Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years for SC/ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD category
Candidate must have passed class 10 or ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/ SCVT or equivalent OR should have National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix.
Stages of Exam:
The exam shall be Computer Based Test (CBT). Railway Administration reserves the right to conduct the CBT in either single or multi stage mode. Candidates qualifying in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). It will be followed by Document Verification and Medical Examination.
Only single online application has to be submitted by the candidate to the RRB/RRC of their choice for all the notified posts of that RRB/ RRC through the link provided on the official website.
The entire recruitment process shall involve Computer Based Test(s), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Document Verification and Medical Examination.
The date, time and venue for all the activities, namely, CBT, PET, DV and Medical Examination or any other additional activity as applicable shall be fixed by the RRBs/RRCs and shall be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of any of the above activity or for change of venue, date and shift will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Computer Based Test:
All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test(s) on the specified date(s), time and venue(s) as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of RRBs/ RRCs. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates.
The examination duration and number of questions for CBT are indicated below:
1. General Science: 25 No of Questions (each of 1 mark)
2. Mathematics: 25 No of Questions (each of 1 mark)
3. General Intelligence and Reasoning: 30 No of Questions (each of 1 mark)
4. General Awareness and Current Affairs: 20 No of Questions (each of 1 mark)
Total No of Questions is 100 and Duration of exam is 90 Minutes
Physical Efficency Test (PET):
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/ decrease this ratio as required to ensure availability of adequate/ reasonable number of candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
Should be able to lift and carry 35 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down ; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
Should be able to lift and carry 20 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
How to Apply:
Candidates are required to apply online through official website or the link given below. Scanned documents in JPEG Format to be kept ready before filling the application
In order to ensure speedy filling up of application by the candidates, they should keep the following documents ready in digital form before logging in to the application page.
i. Candidate Photograph: JPEG image of size 20 to 50KB
ii. Candidate Signature: JPEG image of size 10 to 40KB
iii. SC/ST Certificate (Only for candidates seeking Free Travel Pass): JPEG image of size 50 to 100KB.
iv. Scribe Photo (wherever applicable): JPEG image of size 20 to 50KB
Rs. 250/- for For PwBD/ Female/ Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen, SC/ ST/ Minority Communities/ EBC
Mode of payment:
a. ONLINE fee payment through internet banking or debit/credit card or UPI.
b. OFFLINE fee payment through
(i) SBI Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI.
(ii) Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of Computerized Post Office.
1. Date of Publication: 23.02.2019
2. Opening of online registration of Applications: 12.03.2019 at 17.00 hrs.
3. Closing of online registration of Applications: 12.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.
4. Closing Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee through:
(a) Online (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/UPI)- 23.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.
(b) SBI Challan- 18.04.2019 at 13.00 hrs.
(c) Post Office Challan- 18.04.2019 at 13.00 hrs.
5. Final submission of Applications: 26.04.2019 at 23.59 hrs.
6. Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentative schedule September-October 2019
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|