POWERGRID Recruitment Feb 2019 for 42 Assistant Engineer Trainee through GATE
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, has invited application from the eligible candidates for the recruitment of the following posts. Details of the posts are given below:
Name of Post: (Total no. of post)
1. Assistant Engineer Trainee through GATE 2018: 42 posts
AET (Electrical): 30 posts (UR- 17, OBC- 08, SC- 04, ST- 01)
AET (Electronics): 05 posts (UR- 03, OBC- 01, SC- 01)
AET (Civil): 07 posts (UR- 04, OBC- 01, SC- 01, ST- 01)
Upper Age Limit: As on 31.12.2017
28 years (Candidates should have been born on or after 01.01.1990)
Valid Score in the GATE 2018:
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018 as shown in the following and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks as declared by GATE 2018 Organizing Body shall be considered.
AET (Electrical)- EE
AET (Electronics)- EC
AET (Civil)- CE
Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute
Electrical- Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)
Electronics- Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg
Civil- Civil Engineering
1. The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the relevant paper of GATE 2018, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
2. Eligible candidates should have qualified and secured a valid score in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018.
3. Candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2018.
4. Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
5. Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
1. Note that only GATE 2018 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2017 or prior or GATE 2019 is not valid.
2. Selected candidates shall join POWERGRID as Assistant Engineer Trainees. After successful completion of 1 year training period they shall be absorbed in the company as Engineers at E2 level.
Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.40,000/- -3%- 140000(IDA) during the one-year training period. They shall be paid a stipend in the form of Basic Pay of Rs. 40,000/- alongwith IDA, HRA and Perks @12% of basic pay during training period.
On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineers in E2 scale - Rs. 50,000/- 3%- 1, 60,000/- (IDA).
How to Apply:
Candidate need to apply online through POWERGRID website or the link given below. Candidates shall be required to bring a valid photo ID to the interview. Photocopies of the original identification document shall not be acceptable.
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for the group discussion and interview if original and valid photo identification is not presented along with the GATE 2018 admit card and score card.
Application fee :
Mode of payment:
Through online mode
Commencement of online submission of application: 31.01.2019
Last date of receipt of online application and payment of fee: 28.02.2019 (23:59 Hrs)
For any queries regarding this recruitment, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AET through GATE 2018- .......” in the subject line.