ONGC Recruitment Jan 2019 for Assistant Technician and Others 86 Posts
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Southern Sector, Chennai has invited applications from young and energetic candidates for the following regular posts for its offices in Chennai and Karaikal. Details of the recruitment are given below:
Name of post: (No. of Post)
1. Assistant Technician (Instrumentation): 04 Posts
2. Assistant Technician (Mechanical): 02 Posts
3. Assistant Technician (Electronics) Level : 04 Posts
4. Assistant Technician (Civil) Level: 01 Post
5. Assistant Grade -III (Transport): 01 Post
6. Junior Technical Assistant (Survey): 01 Post
7. Junior Assistant Technician (Cementing): 02 Posts
8. Junior Assistant (Accounts): 05 Posts
9. Junior Fire Supervisor: 15 Posts
10. Junior Assistant (Personnel & Admin): 09 Posts
11. Junior Motor Vehicle Driver (Heavy Vehicle): 02 Posts
12. Junior Motor Vehicle Driver (Winch Operations): 05 Posts
13. Junior Assistant Technician (Fitting): 04 Posts
14. Junior Assistant (Materials Management): 03 Posts
15. Junior Assistant Technician (Electrical): 07 Posts
16. Junior Assistant Technician (Welding): 01 Post
17. Junior Assistant (Official Language): 01 Post
18. Junior Fireman: 19 Posts
Age limit: As on 20.02.2019
1. For Level A1 & A2: Minimum 18 yrs and Maximum 30 yrs
2. For Level W1: Minimum 18 yrs and Maximum 27 yrs
Relaxation in upper age limit for OBC and SC candidates is 3 years and 5 years respectively.
1. For Assistant Technician (Instrumentation): 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering.
2. For Assistant Technician (Mechanical): 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
3. For Assistant Technician (Electronics): 3 years Diploma in Electronics/ Telecom./ E&T Engineering or MSc. In Physics with Electronics.
4. For Assistant Technician (Civil): 3 Years Diploma in Civil Engineering.
5. For Assistant Grade -III (Transport): 3 years Diploma in Auto/ Mechanical Engineering/ Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management/ Administration or Post Graduate. Valid Heavy vehicle Driving license is essential.
6. For Junior Technical Assistant (Survey): Matric with Science and Trade certificate in surveying.
7. For Junior Assistant Technician (Cementing): Matric with Science and Trade certificate in Auto/ Fitting/ Diesel/ Instrumentation/ Turner/ Machining/ Tractor/ Motorvehicle/ Welding/ Black smithy/ Boiler Attendant/ Machinist Grinder Trades. Should have valid Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence.
8. For Junior Assistant (Accounts): B.Com with proficiency in typing 30 w.p.m and Certificate/ Diploma of Minimum duration of six months in Computer Applications in the office environment. Tests apply.
9. For Junior Fire Supervisor: Intermediate with 6 months experience in fire services. Valid Driving Licence for Heavy Vehicles essential. Driving Test on Fire Tender/ Heavy Vehicle applicable.
10. For Junior Assistant (Personnel & Admin): Graduate with Typing speed 30 w.p.m. Certificate/ Diploma of minimum duration of six months in Computer Applications in the office environment. Tests apply
Level A-2: Rs. 12,000-27,000/-
Level A-1: Rs. 11,000-24,000/-
Level W-1: Rs 10,000-18,000/-
Minimum Physical Standards: (Jr Fire Supervisor & Jr Fireman)
For All categories:
Height- 168 Cms, Chest (Unexpanded)- 81 Cms. (with expansion of 5 cms)
For Tribes/ Hillmen:
Height- 163 Cms, Chest (Unexpanded)- 81 Cms. (with expansion of 5 cms)
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Junior Fire Supervisor & Junior Fireman:
a) Running 800 Mtrs. within 4 minutes.
b) Lifting and carrying a person of approximately his own weight by the Fireman lift method without any break to a distance of 100 Mtrs.
c) Climbing a fire service extension ladder of 34 feet (10.5 Mtrs.) fully extended in 2 minutes.
d) Testing of driving skills on Fire Tender/ heavy vehicle.
a) Running 800 Mtrs. within 6 minutes.
b) Lifting and carrying a person of approximately her own weight by the Fireman lift method without any break to a distance of 75 Mtrs.
c) Climbing a fire service extension ladder of 27 feet (9 Mtrs.) fully extended in 2 minutes.
d) Testing of driving skills on Fire Tender/ heavy vehicle.
Skill Test for short listed candidates for the following posts as per details given below:
1. Junior Assistant (Accounts), (Personnel & Administration) & (Materials Management): Typing Test (English)
2. Junior Assistant (Official Language): Typing Test (Hindi)
3. Junior Fire Supervisor & Junior Fireman:
i. Driving Test.
ii. Physical standards test
iii. Physical Efficiency Test
4. Junior Motor Vehicle Drivers: Driving Test
a) The selection of the candidates shall be done through a Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Physical Standards Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Typing Test/ Driving Test wherever applicable. The candidates have to qualify at each stage separately.
b) Skill test such as Physical Standards Test/Physical Efficiency Test/Typing Test/ Driving Test wherever applicable, shall be conducted for the posts at Sl.No. 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 17 & 18.
c) The Computer Based Test (CBT) is tentatively scheduled in April 2019 at Chennai, Trichy, Coimbatore, Salem, Madurai, Puduchery & Karaikal.
d) Candidates should indicate their choice of test centre in the Online application but the allotment of centre will be at the discretion of ONGC.
e) ONGC reserves the right to add, cancel or change any of the aforementioned test centres at its discretion.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates would be required to apply on-line ONLY through ONGC Website or the link given below. Before registering/ submitting their applications on the website candidates should possess the following:
a. Valid Email ID (should be valid for a period of 1 year from the date of application)
b. Mobile no (should be active and valid for at least a period of 1 year from the date of application)
c. Scanned copy of recent passport size colour photograph of the candidate with white background (size between 20kb-50kb, of jpeg/ jpg file type ONLY) and signature of the candidate again with a white background (size between 10kb-20kb, of jpeg/ jpg file type ONLY).
Rs.370/- for General/ OBC candidates
SC/ST/ PwD/ Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted to pay any fee.
Mode of payment:
Registration fee can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India in ONGC Power Jyoti A/C No 30827318409 of SBI, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun through Challan Form.
1. Start of Online Applications: 31.01.2019
2. End Date for Online Applications: 20.02.2019, 1800 hours
3. Last date for deposition of fee: 21.02.2019
4. Start of CBT (Tentative): April 2019
For more details, refer official notification
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|