NIT Trichy Notification 2019 for GIAN Course on “Seismic Soil – Pile Interaction”
The Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli has invited applicants for GIAN Course on Seismic Soil – Pile Interaction on August 05-09, 2019. Details of the course are given below:
Name of Course:
Seismic Soil – Pile Interaction
No. of Seats:
Number of participants for the course will be limited to fifty
1. Axial capacity of a single pile, Pile capacity based on CPT testing, Pile base capacity, Shaft friction.
2. Soil Liquefaction and Lateral Spreading – Modes of Pile Failure in Liquefiable Soils, Failure mechanisms for single pile and Failure mechanisms for pile groups
3. Analysis of Laterally Loaded Piles under Static Conditions, Analysis of Laterally Loaded Piles under Earthquake Loading, Pile flexibility
4. Inertial Response during earthquake, Relative stiffness of pile-soil system, damping coefficients – p-y Analysis of Piles
5. Limit Equilibrium Analysis of Piles Subjected to Earthquake Loading, Limit equilibrium of piles in laterally spreading soils, Limit equilibrium analysis in the presence of non liquefied crust
6. Liquefaction as a Foundation Hazard, Axial Load Transfer Due to Liquefaction, Liquefaction-induced (co-seismic), Downdrag (postearthquake)
7. Liquefaction-induced Lateral Spreading, Simple Methods to Estimate the Extent of Lateral Spreading, Effects of Lateral Spreading on Pile Foundations
8. Recommendations on Estimation of Lateral Loads for Pile Design, Design Recommendations for pile foundation under lateral spreading
9. Model creation to represent a pile in soil deposit using analysis program, representing the non-linearity of both soil and pile system. – Applying monotonic, cyclic and dynamic loading
10. Comparing the results of monotonic, cyclic and dynamic loading on the pile-soil model with load – displacement curve etc.
11. Hand on experience on PLAXIS and FLAC soil-structure interaction software – numerical simulation for SSI study
Who Should Attend:
1. Executives, engineers and researchers from manufacturing, consultancy firm service and government organizations including R&D laboratories.
2. Student at M.E./ M.Tech./ MS/ PhD or Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institution with Civil engineering background
3. A faculty teaching the subject pile foundation, soil-structure interaction
The participation fee for taking the course is as follows:
Participants from abroad: US $500,
Participants from Industry : Rs.10,000 /-
Government Research Organizations: Rs. 5,000/-
Participants from Academic Institutions:
Rs. 3,000/- (for faculty),
Rs.2,000/-(for Full-Time Ph.D. Students),
The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, laboratory equipment usage charges and working lunch and refreshments. It will be very helpful if you can bring your laptop for the course.
The participants may be provided hostel accommodation, depending on the availability, on additional payment basis. Request for hostel accommodation may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Candidate need to apply online through the following stages of registration are as follows
Stage 1: GIAN Web (Portal) Registration:
Visit GIAN Website at the link given and create login user ID and Password. Fill up the registration form and do
web registration by paying application fee.
Registration to the GIAN portal is one-time affair and will be valid for lifetime of GIAN. Once registered in the portal, an applicant will be able to apply for any number of GIAN courses as and when necessary.
Stage 2: Course Registration (Through GIAN Portal):
Log in to the GIAN portal with the user ID and Password created in Stage 1. Click on “Course Registration” option given at the top of the registration form. Select the Course titled “Seismic Soil – Pile Interaction” from the list and click on “Save” option. Confirm your registration by Clicking on “Confirm Course”.
Stage 3: Course Fee Payment (Only selected candidates):
Only Selected Candidates will be intimated through E-mail by the Course Coordinator. They have to remit the necessary course fee in the form of DD drawn in favor of “The Director, NIT, Tiruchirappalli – 620015” payable at NIT-Tiruchirappalli. The DD along with the signed hard copy of the filled in application should be sent to the following address:
Dr. K. Muthukkumaran
Professor, Department of Civil Engineering National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli – 620 015
Mode of payment:
Through online Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card.
Last date for Registration: 24th July, 2019
Course Date: August 05 to 09, 2019
For any queries, you may contact: Mr. A. R. Nandhagopal
Mobile : 9003721287
Email : email@example.com
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|