NIT Tiruchirappalli Short term Course on Integration of Biomechanics, Control and Neurophysiology
Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering, National Institute of Technology, NIT, Tiruchirappalli is organizing a Short term Course on Integration of Biomechanics, Control and Neurophysiology on October 1st – October 5th, 2019
The fine understanding of the biomechanics of human movement is important in neurorehabilitation, development of intelligent prosthesis, clinical and sport biomechanics.
This course will introduce students to the application of classical biomechanics to understand the theory of biomechanics in human movement (includes both kinematics and kinetics). This knowledge will be then strengthen via introducing some case studies and tutorials related to sports applications. The students understanding of these concepts will be examined through the study of normal gait dynamics, application of electromyography; motion and force/pressure measuring equipment and techniques; inverse dynamics modelling of the human body; current topics in Neurophysiology application of Biomechanics.
Specifically to make students aware of current state of the art in this research will promote the analytical skills of the students in understanding of the research aspects of the present course.
The primary objectives of the course are as follows :
1. Practical/Clinical Application of Joint Kinetics/ Kinematics
2. Development of Force Sensors for Sport Applications
3. Biomechanics Applications for Adaptive Motor Learning and Device Control
4. Development of Interactive Gaming as Experimental/Design Protocol
5. Signal Processing challenges in Neuro-prosthetics : A Machine Learning approach for mapping of neural activity to locomotion
6. Describe the role of biomechanical analysis for intelligent prosthesis design and development.
7. Describe the biomechanical factors that affect Force/pressure analyses: A detailed study
8. Neurophysiology of Foot pressure variation in Diabetic neuropathy : An experimental approach
9. Develop a working knowledge of common modelling/simulation tool used in biomechanical analysis.
Who can Attend :
• B.Tech / M.Tech / PhD students of Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering, Instrumentation &Control Electrical, Electronics and Medical students (with special interest), who are likely to be benefited by learning the fundamental aspects of Biomechanics of human movement.
• Faculty members, Research Associates, Clinicians and Industry partners from reputed academic / technical and Medical institutions.
• Students at all levels (BTech/MSc/MTech/PhD) or Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions.
• Number of participants for the course will be limited to fifty
How to apply :
Candidate need to apply online through official website or link given below
Candidate aslo need to send DD along with the signed hard copy of the filled in application to the following address :
Dr. R. Periyasamy
Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
National Institute of Technology
Tiruchirappalli – 620 015
Application Submission Steps :
Stage 1 :
GIAN Web (Portal) Registration :
(Individuals who have already registered to GIAN earlier do not need to repeat)
Visit GIAN Website at the link: http://www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in/GREGN/index and create login user ID and Password. Fill up the registration form and do web registration by paying Rs.500/- through online Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card. Please do not confuse GIAN web registration with course registration. The course registration fee is separate. The candidate has to pay course registration fee as per stage 3 given below.
Registration to the GIAN portal is one-time affair and will be valid for lifetime of GIAN. Once registered in the portal, an applicant will be able to apply for any number of GIAN courses as and when necessary.
Stage 2 :
Course Registration (Through GIAN Portal):
Log in to the GIAN portal with the user ID and Password created in Stage 1. Click on “Course Registration” option given at the top of the registration form. Select the Course titled “ Integration of Biomechanics, Control and
Neurophysiology” from the list and click on “Save” option. Confirm your registration by Clicking on “Confirm Course”.
Course Fee :
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows :
• Participants from abroad : US $500
• Faculties from academic institutions/Govt. research organizations : 5000/-
• Person from Industry : Rs. 10,000/-
• Ph.D students : Rs. 3000/-
• B.Tech./M.Tech./M.Sc./Medicine : Rs. 2000/‐
Mode of payment :
Candidate can pay course fee in the form of DD drawn in favor of “The Director, NIT, Tiruchirappalli – 620015” payable at NITTiruchirappalli.
Important dates :
Last date for Registration : 29th Sept, 2019
Date of course : October 1st – October 5th, 2019
Further Details at Official Notification
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|