NIT Silchar DST sponsored 'INSPIRE' Science Camp 2018
National Institute of Technology, Silchar Assam is organizing Department of Science and Technology (DST) sponsored Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) science camp program from 10th to 14th Dec 2018.
About DST and INSPIRE:
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India has initiated various schemes under INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) program to attract and retain large number of students in basic science and to promote research and innovation in Engineering and Medicine. One of the schemes is to organize workshops for 11th standard students. This workshop is intended to expose students to the excitement and methods of science, research and innovation, prior to making their career decisions.
Highlights of the Program
• 5 days residential camp (10-14 December 2018)
• Free boarding and lodging in campus
• No registration Fees
• Travel reimbursement in 2nd class Sleeper Train fair by III-shortest route
• Cultural Event during workshop
• Excellent opportunity to interact with the best Indian scientific leaders
• Mid Brain improvement training
• Personality development, essay and quiz competition
• Thought provoking lectures, open discussions and demonstrations, encouraging group activities, facilitated selplearning, close interactions, and motivation towards independent thoughts
• Visit to research labs and breakthrough inspiring scientific documentaries and study inaterials
• Certificate will be awarded after successful completion of the program
Applicant must secure at least the following X' Class Marks and now continuing in XI Class in science stream:
• ICS: 95% and above
• CBSE: 90% and above
• SBA Assam: 89.5% and above
How to Apply:
Candidates need to submit application form in the prescribed format and get the recommendation from the Principal/ Head of the Institution.
Address for Correspondence:
Dr. S. K. Tripathy, Coordinator,
INSPIRE (DST) Assistant Professor,
Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering
National Institute of Technology Silchar,
Silchar, 788010, Assam, India.
• Receiving of Application form (Recommended by Principal/Head of the institutions): 30th Oct. 2018
• Display of the short-listed candidate and confirmation of accommodation on the institute website: 15th Nov. 2018
• Dates of the INSPIRE Camp: 10-14 Dec. 2018