NIT Mizoram All India Seminar on “Scope and Opportunity of Small Hydro & Wind Power in NER of India”
The Institution of Engineers (India), Mizoram State Centre, Under the Aegis of Mechanical Engineering Division Board, IEI, National Institute of Technology, Mizoram is organizing a All India Seminar on Scope and Opportunity of Small Hydro & Wind Power in NER of India on Aug 02-03, 2019
Abundant and economical energy is the life blood of modern civilizations. Coal, nuclear and hydro are used primarily to make electricity. The bargraph shows oil, coal and natural gas together supplying 85 percent of the world’s energy supply. North Eastern Region (NER) is one of the potential Hydro/Wind Power regions of the country. It is enriched with huge water resources carried by large & small river systems and average wind speed 5-8 km/hrs. Moreover, the surface water resource of the region is near 652.3 billion cubic meters which is 34% of country’s total water wealth. However, due to remote location and inhospitable physical conditions the huge water and wind potential were not fully utilized. The ongoing efforts to harness the vast hydro-power potential through series of dams has posed an unprecedented threat to the water, social and ecological security of the region. These hydropower dams involve the setting up of large infrastructural which in turn leads to deforestation and disruption of forest ecosystems and reduction of biodiversity. In contradiction, small hydro/wind projects combine the advantages of sustainable hydro/wind power with decentralized power generation and also it can be integrated into existing irrigation structures flood control, etc. Therefore, it (small hydro and wind projects) is well suited to the NER India. In order to further boost the development of small hydro/wind power projects in the NER –India, there is a need to share the views in the field through organizing a national seminar covering the advances made in planning, technology selection and implementation of small hydropower projects.
• To provide forum for exchange of experiences on polices, regulation, technological innovation, best policies and scope of hydro power development as a clean green and sustainable source of development.
• To identify the areas for the research and development of small hydro/wind with special reference to NER-India.
• To identify the key strength of various regions/states to develop small hydro/wind in NER.
• To bring together the national scientific experts to catalyze and advance scientific knowledge about Geriatrics and Gerontological Nursing present the most recent research findings, and promote and enhance scientific collaborations around the world.
The seminar will promote research & developments and challenges faced in the areas of wind, hydro, solar and other renewable energy resources. The ultimate goal is to highlight the current research problems and evolve at the suitable solutions. Therefore, we welcome research articles and case studies on any one of the below mentioned tracks but not limited to :
• Wind Power Technology and Instrumentation
• Wind Farms Construction
• Challenges in Wind and Renewable Energy
• Next Generation Wind Power
• Hydro Power Technology
• Nano Technology for Wind Power
• Global Trends in Wind Energy Commercialization & Investment
• Wind Conditions
• Wind Turbine Technology
• Wind Energy Integration
• Offshore Deployment and Operation
• Hydrology, Flood and Sediment Management
• Recent Trends in Hydro Generating Equipment
• Micro Hydro and Ultra Low Head
• Challenges in Hydropower Development
• Environmental and Socio Issues and Relevance in Hydropower Development
• Impact of Natural Disaster on Hydropower Development
Calls for papers :
Faculty, research scholars and scientists from academic institutions, universities, R&D organizations and consultants and practicing engineers from industries / professional bodies are invited to participate and present technical papers with original ideas on the above mentioned topics.
How to apply :
Candidate need to submit registration form before last date
Registration Fee :
• Early Bird Registration :
Participants from Abroad : US $100
Industry/ Research Organizations : Rs. 4,000/-
Faculty Members : Rs. 3000/-
Students (Pursuing PhD / Master/ Bachelor Courses) : Rs. 2000/-
• Late Registration Fee :
Participants from Abroad : US $150
Industry/ Research Organizations : Rs. 5,000/-
Faculty Members : Rs. 3500/-
Students (Pursuing PhD / Master/ Bachelor Courses) : Rs. 2500/-
Mode of payment :
Registration Fee can be pay through crossed Demand Draft / At par Cheque, drawn in favor of “The Institution of Engineers (India), Mizoram State Centre” payable at Aizawl.
The registration fee can be paid through online transfer (NEFT/RTGS) to the :
Account Number : 38115089105,
Name of the account holder : Institution of Engineers India Mizoram State
Centre, Bank : SBI,
Branch : Bawngkawn,
IFS Code : SBIN0007059.
Candidate‘s first name and words “REG FEE” to be mentioned in the remarks. UTR/Ref. No. should be mentioned in the application form as well as a copy to be enclosed with the application form.
Important Dates :
Full Paper Submission Opens : May 01, 2019
Registration Opens : June 01, 2019
Full Paper Submission Ends : June 15, 2019
Intimation of Review Comments : June 30, 2019
Early Bird Registration Starts : June 30, 2019
Submission of Revised Paper : July 05, 2019
Intimation of final Acceptance : July 07, 2019
Early Bird Registration Ends : July 15, 2019
Late Registration starts : July 15, 2019
Spot Registration : August 02-03, 2019
Further Details At Official Notification
|For Official Notification & Registration Form||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||NA|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|