NEHU Organize 2 Day National Seminar on “Gender, Society and Development in the Context of North East India”
The Department of Sociology, North Eastern Hill University,cordially invites presentation of research papers to the two-day National Seminar on “GENDER,SOCIETY AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF NORTH EAST INDIA” to be held on the 26th and 27th March, 2020 at North -Eastern Hill University,Shillong.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SEMINAR :
1. To have a conceptual and theoretical understanding of Feminist thought and perspective.
2. To deepen the awareness and knowledge on various issues of gender disparity in North east India.
3. To broaden the scope for gender mainstreaming so as to contribute to a more gender-sensitive society.
SUB-THEMES OF THE SEMINAR :
1. Feminist Thought/Feminist Movements.
2. Women and Law.
3. Women and Reproductive Health.
4. Women and Environment(Eco-Feminism).
5. Women and Violence.
6. Women and Popular Culture(Media).
7. Women and work.
8. Displaced women.
9. Gender, Health and Development(GHD) Approach.
10.Women and Kinship.
11.Women and Politics.
12.Women and Aging.
Eligibility : The seminar is inter-disciplinary and therefore it is expected that the participants come from different disciplines to share their research experience in the field and generate valuable insights on the topic.
GUIDELINES FOR PAPER-PRESENTERS:
1. Abstracts (within 200 words) along with full papers should reach the undersigned on or before February 1st 2020 via email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.Paper .Presenters should clearly indicate their full names, institutions affiliated to, designation, contact number etc.
2. Full length papers should be typed in MS word Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing .Paper presenters are advised to follow the referencing style of Sociological Bulltin.
3. Full length papers should reach us latest by 15th February 2020.
4. Acceptance or otherwise of the papers will be intimated to the paper presenters by the 1st of March 2020.
Important Date :
Date of Seminars : 26.03.2020 to 27.03.2020
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Download Application Form||N/A|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|