NCERT Walk-in-interview and Skill Test Jan 2019 for Assistant Editors and Others Posts
National Council of Educational Research and Training, (NCERT) has invited application from eligible candidates for the recruitment for Assistant Editors, Editorial Assistants and Proof Readers purely on contract basis. Details of the recruitment are given below:
1. For Assistant Editor: Below 35 years.
2. For Editorial Assistant: Below 30 years.
3. For Proof Reader: Not exceeding 27 years from the date of notification
(Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per rule)
Name of the posts: (No. of the Post)
1. Assistant Editor: 5 posts (English - 03, Hindi - 02)
2. Editorial Assistant: 05 Posts (English - 02, Hindi – 02, Urdu - 01)
3. Proof Reader: 02 Posts (English – 01, Hindi - 01)
Educational & Other Qualifications:
1. For Assistant Editor:
1) A degree in Arts or in Science from a recognised.
2) At least 5 years’ experience in compiling editing, proof reading and typography etc. in an organisation of repute.
3) Proficiency in the language require.
2. For Editorial Assistant:
1) A Second Class Degree in Arts or Science from any recognised University.
2) At least three years experience in collection, compilation and subbing of materials for publication in Government/ Semi-Govt. publishing organisation or reputable publishing house.
3) Working knowledge of book production, techniques lay-out and proof-correction.
4) Proficiency in the language concerned. There will be no age-limit for the employees of the Council
3. For Proof Reader:
1) A Bachelor degree either in English/ Hindi/ Urdu.
2) At least 1 year experience of working in a printing or publishing organization as Copy Holder/ Proof Reader.
3) Working knowledge of computer.
Knowledge of typography.
1. For Assistant Editor: Rs. 52,000/- per month
2. For Editorial Assistant: Rs. 33,000/- per month
3. For Proof Reader: Rs. 24,000/- per month
One year (this period of engagement can be terminated at any time without assigning any reason).
How to Apply:
Candidate need to attend the Test-Interview on the date given below and should with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with original certificates and photocopies of the same duly self attested.
1. Date of the Interview for Assistant Editor: 5th February, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
2. Date of the Interview for Editorial Assistant: 6th February, 2019 at 9:30 a.m
3. Date of the Interview for Proof Reader: 7th February, 2019 at 9:30 a.m
4. Registration will close: 11:00 a.m.
Publication Division, NCERT, New Delhi.