National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2018
The Department of School Education & Literacy, Government of India has invited application from eligible candidates for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2018. Details of the scheme are as follows:
Objective of the Scholarship:
The objective is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage.
The scholarship is applicable for students of class 9 and their continuation/renewal in class 10 to 12 for study in State Government/Government-aided/Local body schools.
1. The students shall have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
2. Students whose parental income from all sources is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum are eligible to avail the scholarships.
3. At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST.
4. For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST). The awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in Class X (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) examination or equivalent examination for continuation of the scholarship at higher secondary stage.
Students of NVS, KVS, Sainik schools and private schools are not entitled for the scholarships.
One lakh scholarships @ Rs.6000/- per annum (Rs.500/- per month) are awarded to selected students of class IX every year and their continuation/ renewal in classes X to XII for study in State Government,
Government-aided and Local body schools under the scheme.
Mode of Selection:
1. Each State/UT conducts its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The State Level Examination consists of the following two tests.
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
2. The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40%
marks in each. For the reserved category, this cut off will be 32% marks.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -Step 1: Click on New Student? Register Here.
Step 2: Select the state of domicile, select the name of the scholarship the student is applying for, select scheme type, write the name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID.
Step 3: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFS Code, Account Number).
Step 4: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 5: Login using OTP and fill the form.
Step 6: An application ID and password will be generated.
Last date to apply: 31st Oct 2018
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Application form||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|