MHRD Launches TULIP Internship Portal: Graduates, Engineers can intern With Local Bodies
The Human Resources Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri today launched a joint initiative, TULIP. The Urban Learning Internship Programme, or TULIP, is aimed at providing internships for upto one year to fresh graduates in all urban local bodies (ULBs) and smart cities across the country.
TULIP interns would get exposure in a large number of areas including but not limited to urban planning, urban design, different branches of engineering, information and technology, mobility, finance, social sector issues and environmental issues. The program will provide them with insight into policy formulation and implementation. On a day-to-day basis, they will interact with city officials/ members of the civil society. They will be oriented towards best practices, knowledge sharing and project implementation on ground. The interns will carry with them a rich experience in urban governance which will help them in their future endeavours.
The government through this portal aims to provide internships to at least 25,000 young graduates in local and urban bodies beginning this year. The details of the internship program are as follows:
1. Indian citizens can apply for internships, and fresh graduates who have passed the final year up to 18 months ago are eligible.
2. The duration of the internship will be 8 weeks to 1 year.
3. Details of the positions available will be displayed on the TULIP portal, and applications will strictly be accepted through the same medium.
4. Applications will require a recommendation from a competent authority of the concerned academic institution from where the candidate pursued his studies.
5. The applicant will also be required to submit a synopsis on urban issued under 1000 words along with his or her application,
6. A digitally signed and shareable internship certificate will be provided by MoHUA, State Government, AICTE and the ULB/smart city to candidates who successfully complete their tenure.
7. Interns will also be eligible for a stipend.
How to register for Urban Local Bodies under TULIP portal:
1. Candidates need to Visit https://internship.aicte-india.org/
For Direct Link: Click Here
2. Click on the “Register” button on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the “Register” option under “Government Agency” tab displayed on the screen.
4. Fill the details in the form and upload the logo (ULB/ smart city) and appointment certificate (of concerned authority).
5. Click on the “Register” tab at the end of the form to complete the registration process on the portal.
For TULIP Handbook Click Here: