Loyola College 4 Days National Workshop for Biologists on “Practical Biotechnology”
Environmental Monitoring Research Laboratory PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, Loyola College, Chennai is organizing a 4 Days National Workshop for Biologists on “Practical Biotechnology” from 5th to 8th February, 2019
Title : “Practical Biotechnology”
Biotechnology is a highly interdisciplinary field that combines biological sciences with engineering technologies to manipulate living organisms and biological systems to produce products that advances healthcare, medicine, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals and environment control. It includes research and development in areas such as Microbiology, Cell biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology etc. for understanding the occurrence and treatment of diseases, development of agriculture, food production, protection of the environment and many more. The top technical skills required for the biotechnology industry are Tissue Culture, PCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Blotting techniques, ELISA, Molecular (Gene) Cloning, Flow Cytometry and Mass Spectrometry
Thrust Areas Of The Workshop :
A. DNA Isolation
1. Isolation of Plasmid DNA
2. Isolation of Bacterial Genomic DNA
3. Isolation of Yeast Genomic DNA
4. Isolation of Fungal Genomic DNA
5. Isolation of Genomic DNA from blood
6. Isolation of DNA from animal cells
7. Isolation of Genomic DNA from Eukaryotic tissues
8. Isolation of plant DNA using CTAB extraction method
9. Isolation of chloroplast DNA
10. Mitochondrial DNA isolation
11. Phenol Chloroform Extraction of DNA
12. Ethanol precipitation of DNA
B. RNA Isolation
1. Isolation of Total RNA from Bacterial Cells
2. Isolation of Total RNA from Plant Tissues
3. Hot phenol isolation of RNA from plant tissues
4. Acid Phenol Extraction of RNA
5. Messenger RNA isolation or Poly (A) RNA isolation
C. Molecular Biology Methods
1. Restriction Enzyme Digestion of DNA
2. DNA ligation
3. Agarose Gel Electrophoresis of DNA
4. Elution of DNA fragments from Agarose
5. Phenol purification of DNA from low melting Agarose
6. Southern, Northern Blotting and Western Blotting – ELIZA
7. Cloning - Preparation of competent E. coli cells
8. PCR and RAPD – PCR
9. SDS – PAGE and Bradford Protein Assay and 2D Gel electrophoresis
Special Features Of The Workshop :
1. Participatory lectures by renowned scientists.
2. Free Course Material.
3. Hands on training.
4. Live Demonstration and Discussion.
5. 24hrs internet and lab access.
6. Individual desktop for hands on training.
7. Lunch and refreshments are our courtesy.
Who can attend :
Students, Research Scholars and Teachers from life sciences
How to apply :
Candidate need to download application from official website or lnk given below and email the filled in form to : email@example.com
Note : Selected candidates can pay the registration fee on the inaugural day of the workshop.
Registration Fee :
1. Research Scholars : Rs 600/-
2. Teachers : Rs 700/-
Important dates :
Last date of submission : on or before 2nd February, 2019.
Selected candidates will be intimated : on or before 3rd February, 2019
Date of Workshop : 5th to 8th February, 2019
Address For Correspondence :
For further details and registration please contact :
Dr. M. C. John Milton
Environmental Monitoring Research Laboratory
PG & Research Department of Advanced Zoology and
Biotechnology, Loyola College, Chennai 600 034.
Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Ph : 044 – 28175662, 28178200 Ext 368
Mobile : 09840762382 Fax : 044 – 28175566
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.loyolacollege.edu