Joint Admission Test NEST for 5 year integrated M.Sc. programme 2019
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) notification has been released for admission to 5 year integrated M.Sc. programm in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. The degrees at CEBS are awarded by the 150-year old University of Mumbai.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2019 will be conducted in around 91 cities across India.
NISER established by the Department of Atomic Energy, strives to become a citadel for basic sciences and allied subjects in terms of teaching and research. Its vision includes imparting high-quality science education in a vibrant academic ambiance to the bright, motivated students, by a faculty of distinguished scientists and teachers. The curriculum is amply supported by a strong visitor's programme by accomplished scientists from India and abroad.
5 year integrated M.Sc. programme in
No. of Seats:
There are 200+2 seats for 2019 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms.
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
1. Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1999. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
2. Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2017 or 2018. Candidates appearing in 2019 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
3. At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
4. Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Rs. 1200 INR for General and OBC male
Rs. 600 INR for Female
Mode of payment:
Application fee payment is collected through online payment gateway. Applicants can pay using debit cards/ credit cards issued by all major banks or through net banking facility.
How to apply:
Candidate need to apply online through official website or the link given below. Before starting registration and online application candidates should keep the following:
i. Class X marks sheet/ report card/ certificate
ii. Digital copy of passport size photograph in .jpeg or. Jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
iii. Scanned image of your signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
1. Registration / Online application opens: January 07, 2019 (10:00 am) [First Monday of January]
2. Online application closes: March 11, 2019 (midnight) [Second Monday of March]
3. Download of admit card starts: April 24, 2019, 10:00 am
4. Date of examination: June 01, 2019 (Saturday),
Session-I: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm,
Session-II: 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm [First Saturday of June]
5. Announcement of results on NEST website: June 17, 2019 [Third Monday of June]