Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme 2019-20 for North Eastern Region| Rs 7800/- per month fellowship
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has invited application from eligible students form North Eastern Region of India for “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2019-20. Details of the Scholarship are as follows:
Objectives of the Scholarship:
The objectives of the Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region are:
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
It is envisaged to provide ten thousand (10,000) fresh scholarships every year beginning from the academic year 2014-15 for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
1) Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National institute of open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized as under
A).Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
B).Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
C). Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
D). Institutes of National Importance.
E). Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
1) Only first year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
2) For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the complete duration of the course. For dual degree courses the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only. The university shall clarify it while recommending a candidate for scholarship.
3) For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
4).Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme-
1) Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
2) Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
3) Students gaining admission through ‘management quota’.
4) Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of a Degree.
5) Students whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Amount of fellowship:
An amount of Rs.5400/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 7800/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.
Mode of Selection:
Selection will be on the basis of marks scored by them in the Class XII or equivalent exam. The Commission reserves the right to withdraw/cancel the award without assigning any reason. Result shall be published on UGC website. Award letters can be downloaded from UGC online application portal. The effective date of release of fellowship shall be 1st April of the selection year or the actual date of joining the first year of the undergraduate degree course whichever is later.
How to Apply:
Eligible students need to apply online through official website.
Documents to be submitted:
1.Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2.Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3.For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be
uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College
1. Last date to apply: 30th Nov 2019
To Apply Online: Click Here