Institute of Advanced Study in Science & Technology Recruits 2019 For Assistant Professor & Others
Name & number of the Post :
1. Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Biology : 1
2. Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Microbial Ecology: 1
3. Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Plant Taxonomy : 1
4. Stores and Purchase Officer : 1
5. Stores and Purchase Officer : 1
6. Multi-Tasking Staff : 02
Age Limits (as on 2.12.2019) :
1. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Biology : Age limit 40 years
2. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Microbial Ecology: Age limit 40 years
3. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Plant Taxonomy : Age limit 40 years
4. For Stores and Purchase Officer : : 35 years for fresh candidate and 62 years for retired Govt employee
5. For Stores and Purchase Officer : Below 45 years for non-retired candidates who are in service in an institution/organization of repute and 62 years for retired Govt. employee
6. For Multi-Tasking Staff : 25 years
Pay Scale :
1. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Biology : Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,800/-
2. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Microbial Ecology: Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,800/-
3. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Plant Taxonomy : Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,800/-
4. For Stores and Purchase Officer : Rs.45,000/-
5. For Stores and Purchase Officer : Rs.40,000/-
6. For Multi-Tasking Staff : Rs.4440-7400 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1650 plus allowances.
Educational Qualification :
1. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Biology :
Essential: Ph. D in any branch of Life Science from a recognized university/Institution with proficiency in advanced molecular biology techniques and 3 years of postdoctoral experience in relevant field and publications in reputed journals of impact on science.
Desirable: A group of researchers in IASST are carrying out research on plant-microbe interaction,gut micribiome and its health implication, understanding protein composition of Muga silk which involves deeper knowledge of proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics and genomics. It is desirable that the candidate possesses (1) consistently very good academic record including first class in M. Sc, (2) capability of leading and guiding a team of researchers in the area of this post through interdisciplinary approach, (3) ability to teach molecular biology to biology research scholars, (4) ability of planning,designing, conducting and guiding independent laboratory and field based research projects.
2. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Molecular Microbial Ecology:
Essential: Ph. D. in Microbiology/Microbial Biotechnology/Ecology with specialization in Molecular Microbial Ecology. Candidates should have at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience in relevant field and high quality publications in reputed
journals of impact on science.
Desirable: The biodiversity and ecosystem program of IASST has a strong component of proposed research on microbial community diversity, community level microbial interactions in crop rhizosphere, plant interior, human and muga silkworm gut and polluted terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. It is desirable that the candidate possess.
(1) Consistently very good academic record including first class in M. Sc.
(2) capability of leading and guiding a team of researchers in the area of this post through interdisciplinary approach,
(3) ability to teach molecular microbial ecology to biology research scholars,
(4) ability of planning, designing, conducting and guiding independent laboratory and field based research projects.
3. For Assistant Professor-II (Scientist C/Equivalent) in Plant Taxonomy :
Essential: Ph. D in Botany (specialization in Plant Taxonomy) with consistently good academic record having at least 3 (three) years of post-doctoral research experience in the relevant fields i.e., classical/molecular plant taxonomy in reputed Govt. or private R&D institution/organization. Proven record of high quality independent research (impact factor publications). Experience of supervising research work of students and field based taxonomic work.
Desirable: IASST is carrying out research in the field of traditional knowledge based drug development. This programme also involves quality control of herbal medicine/formulations and detection of identity of the plant component either as a life source in field of the specific plant or as a powder component in herbal mixture. It is desirable that a candidate fulfilling the essential qualifications is also well versed in carrying out analysis of plant powder composition. The candidate should also possess first class M.Sc in Botany with plant taxonomy as the field of specialization and experience in
(1) Medicinal herbs identification,
(2) Medicinal plant herbarium preparation and maintenance,
(3) Modern method of plant identification, and
(4) the candidate is expected to explore possibility of developing projects with scientists of other programmes particularly traditional knowledge based drug discovery of the Institute.
4. For Stores and Purchase Officer :
Essential Qualifications: Graduate in Science/Commerce from a recognised university with training in relevant professional courses with proficiency in computer applications.
Desirable: Degree/Diploma in Marketing Management from a recognised institution.
Experience: Should have minimum of 5 years’ experience after the degree obtained from a reputed institute/organization. The incumbent should be well versed with procedure for procurement including e-procurement of public goods/services including import formalities of items. He/she should have experience of independent handling the responsibilities. Should have experience of stores management like inventory management, inspection/receipt/issue of stores, handling audit/physical verification of stores etc. He/she should be conversant of LOC procedures and auctioning procedures. He/she must have strong communication skills.
Desirable service experience:
i. Experience in Scientific research institute/education institute of higher learning.
ii. Conversant with Govt. of India rules/procedures in procurement of stores/financial matters.
5. For Stores and Purchase Officer :
1. Bachelor in Engineering (Electrical) with excellent academic record and experience credentials,
2. 2 years of experience in management of all electrical engineering activities, proven ability to administer a team of Junior Engineers, Electricians and other concerned workers, check estimates and bills and contribute towards development of the electrical works related to the 33 KV line with over all high quality standard of works in IASST campus,
6. For Multi-Tasking Staff :
Essential Qualification: VIII Pass.
Desirable- Passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognised Board of Education. Persons for dispatch riders/driving jobs should have valid driving license from transport authorities.
Experience- Should have experience of performing multi-tasking roles viz, office attendants, record keeping, photo copying, binding, pantry attendant etc.
Dispatch rider, driving of vehicles
Selection procedure :
1. Selection Process and Procedure of Interview for Posts at Sl. No. 1, 2 and 3.
Short listed candidates will be called for interview.During the interview the candidate has to deliver a presentation of not more than 10-15 minutes on future plans described in the note submitted by the candidate.
2. Procedure of Interview for Posts at Sl. No. 4, 5 & 6:
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for written test/interview.
How to Apply :
A) For the Posts at Sl. No. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.
Eligible candidate may submit their online application along with curriculum vitae through official website (www.iasst.gov.in) or from the link given below.
Note: In case online access is not available due to some unforeseen reason even after contacting the concerned officer through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com), candidate may submit hard copy of application and other
documents (super scribing the name of the post, Number of the Advt. and date on the top of the envelope) to the Registrar at the address: “The Registrar, IASST,Paschim Boragaon, Garchuk, Guwahati-781035, Assam, India” on or before the last of submission of applications.
B) For posts at Sl. No. 1, 2, and 3, besides other documents mentioned at Sl No. (A) above the following documents/write ups must be uploaded with the application.
(i) A summary note (maximum 1000 words) on the research work published by the candidate in the relevant fields after completion of Ph.D. The candidate should highlight the major works done, output and achievements from these works for
the said period in terms of completed projects, paper published, IPR/Patents obtained, technology generated/commercialized, contribution made towards physical and infrastructure development, programme/project framing and fund mobilization, participation in research and teaching activities and linkages etc.
(ii) A research programme and work plan on the area (in not more than two pages) the candidate will like to pursue being in the position. The candidate is advised to go through the website of IASST for information on the research programmes of the Institute. The information may include new, innovative and original research project/ideas/thrust areas of work he/she proposes to introduce/conduct, facilities proposed to be developed, linkages and collaboration proposed with other research units and departments of IASST as well as the expected outcome from these approaches.
C) For the Post at Sl. No. 6:
Eligible candidates may apply for the position with complete Bio-data, self-attested certificates and mark sheets with two recent passport size photographs and duly filled in prescribed application form which can be downloaded from the institute website (www.iasst.gov.in) or (from the link given below). The completed application form may be sent to the Registrar, IASST, Paschim Boragaon, Garchuk,Guwahati-781035, Assam by Registered Post subscribing the name of the post, Number of the Advt. and date on the top of the envelope. Soft copy may be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidate can also submit application online by using application link: iasst.res.in(or from the link given below).
Important Date :
Last Date of Online submission : 02.12.2019
|For Official Notification & Download Form||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|