Indian Army Recruitment JAG Entry Scheme 23rd Course Oct 2019
Indian Army has issued a notification for the recruitment of Law Graduates for grant of Short Service Commission for JAG Entry Scheme 23rd Course October 2019 in the Indian Army Judge Advocate General Branch. Details of the recruitment are given below:
Name of Post: (No. of post)
Judge Advocate General: 14 posts (Men- 07, Women- 07)
Age Limit: As on 01st July 2019
Candidate’s age should be between 21-27 years
(Born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 01st January 1998 both dates inclusive).
Candidates should possess Minimum 55% aggregate Marks in LLB Degree (three years professional course after graduation or five years course after 10+2 examination). The Candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/ State. Candidate should be from a College/ University recognised by Bar Council of India.
Pay & Allowances:
Lieutenant: Level 10; Rs.56100-1,77500/-
Captain: Level 10B = Rs.61300-193900/-
Major: Level 11= Rs.69400 – 207200/-
Lt Colonel: Level 12A = Rs.121200-212400/-
Colonel: Level 13 = Rs.130600-215900/-
Brigadier: Level 13A = Rs.139600-217600/-
Major General: Level 14 = Rs.144200-218200/-
Lt General HAG Scale: Level 15 = Rs.182200-224100/-
Lt Gen HAG + Scale: Level 16 = Rs.205400-224400/-
VCOAS/ Army Cdr / Lt Gen (NFSG): Level 17 = Rs.225000/-(fixed)
COAS: Level 18 = Rs.2,50,000/-(fixed)
Military Service Pay (MSP): MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig Rs.15,500/- pm fixed
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo medical Exam by Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.
(a) Height & Weight: The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from-Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height is reduced
by 2 cms.
(b) To pass fitness a candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any disability.
Training: Duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai
1. Selection will be made on the basis of SSB Interview
2. Initial shortlisting of applications will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) and the decision of DG Recruiting will be final
3. Details of the shortlisted online applications will be put on Join Indian Army website. In this regard no representation will be entertained
4. The shortlisted candidates whose applications are found to be correct shall be detailed for SSB interview at allotted Selection Centres on specified dates
5. Two Stage Selection Procedure. Two stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same day
6. Candidates who qualify stage II will submit self-attested photocopies of educational documents to Selection Centre for completion of their Dossier/ verification.
7. Candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board, will be placed in the order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of vacancies available at that time
How to apply:
Candidate need to apply online through official website or the link given below. Procedure for online application are follows:
(a) Open the website of Indian Army
(b) Click on Officers Entry 'Apply/Login' and then click 'Registration'
(c) Follow onscreen instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on Apply Online' to process the application. A page Officers Selection-Eligibility' will open.
(d) Click on “Apply Online” to process
(e) The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting
Submission of Online Application Commences: 16th Jan 2019 (12.00 PM)
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 14th Feb 2019 (12.00 PM)