IIT ISM Dhanbad Admission Jan 2019 For Full Time MBA Programme
The Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad notification has been released for admission to two-year full time MBA Programme for the Session 2019-2021. Details of the admission notification are as follow:
Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad, is a premier technical educational institute of international repute. The Parliament of India upgraded ISM Dhanbad to a full- fledged Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) by IIT Amendment Act, 2016. The MB A program of IIT (ISM) was launched in 1997 and the erstwhile Department of Industrial Engineering and Management (IEM) offering M.Tech(IEM) programme since 1977 was rechristened as Department of Management Studies.
1. Should have a valid score in the Common Admissions Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management;
2. Should be a Graduate (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or having 60% marks* or CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 (55% marks or CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST/PD**) in their degree from a recognized University;
3. Final year students (of the above mentioned programme) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they meet all the requirements for the qualifying degree before start of the program and will produce provisional certificate of completion of the program latest by September 30,2019;
4. IIT Graduates who have obtained a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 point scale are exempted from CAT score.
The sanctioned strength for the MBA Program is 62 and the reservation policy of Govt. of India meant for Higher Educational Institutions is strictly adhered to Candidates applying for Reservation under OBC (Non-Creamy layer) category, should submit a valid OBC certificate issued by competent authority issued after 01st Jan. 2018 and as per the given format
i) Admission to MBA programs of IIT Delhi, IIT Madras and IIT (ISM), Dhanbad will be conducted jointly in the academic session 2019-2021.
ii) Candidates having a valid CAT 2018 score can apply online for admission to MBA program, session 2019-2021 of IIT(ISM), Dhanbad through Common Admission Portal of IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and IIT(ISM) Dhanbad, which will open one day after the publication of CAT 2018 result (likely to publish in second week of January 2019).
iii) Shortlisted candidates (based on the CAT 2018 score) will have to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) at any one of the following centres.
Rs 1600/ for General and OBC (NC) candidates and
Rs 800/- for SC/ST/PD candidates
Mode of payment:
Demand Draft in favour of Deputy Registrar (Exam & Academic), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826004 (Jharkhand)
How to apply:
Candidate need to submit application in the prescribed format along with requisite fee through Demand Draft and other relevant documents has to be submitted to the Deputy Registrar (Exam & Academic), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826004 (Jharkhand).
1. Closing Date of Application Process: 27th January, 2019.
2. Dates of Conducting WAT and PI:
Delhi : 20, 21, 22 & 23 February, 2019
Chennai : 23, 24 & 25 February, 2019
Mumbai : 16, 17 & 18 March, 2019
Kolkata : 6 &7 April, 2019
Dhanbad: 6 & 7 April, 2019
3. Last Date for declaration of final admission results: 29th April, 2019
For more details contact:
Dhanbad - 826004, Jharkhand.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 0326-2235278.
The institute will not issue any letter to any candidate regarding attending WAT/PI as well as selection to the Program. The candidates must consult institute's website regularly in this regard for any updates.