IIT Guwahati Invites Application for faculty positions: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor Posts
Name of Posts:
2. Associate Professor:
3. Assistant Professor:
Department Wise & Specialization:
1. Biosciences and Bioengineering:
a. For Professor: Cell Systems Biology, Cancer Biology, Tissue Engineering/ Biomaterials/ Regenerative medicine, Biophysics/ Bionanotechnology, Stem cells for cell therapy.
b. For Associate Professor: Nano Biosensor/ Nano Biotechnology, Biochemical/ Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemical Engineering/ Environmental Biotechnology, Computational Biology.
2. Chemical Engineering:
a. For Professor: Polymer Physics, Catalysis and Adsorption
b. For Assistant Professor: Process control, Petroleum Engineering, Food / Polymer Process Engineering and Rheology.
Note: The applicants should have B. Tech / B.E. degree in Chemical / Petroleum Engineering.
a. For Professor and Associate Professor: All fields of Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
4. Computer Science and Engineering:
a. For Associate Professor: All Fields related to Computer Science and Engineering.
b. For Assistant Professor: Preferably in Database, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Compilers, Security and Cloud Computing.
a. For Associate Professor and Assistant Professor: Communication Design, Interaction Design and Industrial Design
6. Electronics and Electrical Engineering:
a. For Professor: All Fields related to Electronics and Electrical Engineering
b. For Associate Professor: All Fields related to Electronics and Electrical Engineering
c. For Assistant Professor: Communication Engineering, Power Engineering, RF and Photonics, Signal Processing and Machine Learning, System, Control and Automation, VLSI
7. Humanities and Social Sciences:
a. For Professor: Economics (Development Economics, Political Economy, Ecological Economics), Archaeology (Archaeology of North East India), Linguistics (Phonetics and Phonology), Philosophy (Applied Ethics), Sociology (Sociology of Science and Technology, Sociology of Development), Psychology (Cognitive Psychology).
b. For Associate Professor: English (Modern Indian Literature), Sociology (Ethnic and Identity Politics, Environmental Studies), Modern Indian History (Social History of Technology, History of Cultural Transitions).
a. For Professor: Mathematical Biology, Mathematical Finance, Computational Finance, Distributed Algorithms.
b. For Associate Professor: Harmonic Analysis.
9. Mechanical Engineering:
a. Professor: All Fields related to Mechanical Engineering.
b. Associate Professor: All Fields related to Mechanical Engineering.
c. Assistant Professor: Experimental Aerodynamics, Energy Systems, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Science, Industrial Engineering and Operation Research, Mechanical Systems Design.
a. For Professor: Condensed Matter Experiment: microwaves, ferroelectricity, piezoelectricity, bio-ceramics, oxide materials, composite thin films; Laser and Photonics: Laser-produced plasma and spectroscopy, pulsed laser ablation, thin films deposition and characterization, Plasmonics, Non-linear Quantum Optics theory.
b. For Associate Professor: High Energy Physics: B- Physics phenomenology, collider phenomenology, dark matter; General theory of relativity: Inflationary cosmology, microscopic nature of black hole spacetime.
Date of Interview:
1. For Biosciences and Bioengineering: 01st September 2019
2. For Chemical Engineering: 28th September 2019
3. For Chemistry: 31st August 2019
4. For Computer Science and Engineering: 07th September 2019
5. For Design: 25th August 2019
6. For Electronics and Electrical Engineering: 14th September 2019
7. For Humanities and Social Sciences: 18th August 2019
8. For Mathematics: 17th August 2019
9. For Mechanical Engineering: 21st September 2019
10. For Physics: 24th August 2019
Ph.D. with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record.
1. For Professor: A minimum of 10 years of experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIsc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution / institutions of comparable standards.
2. For Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years of teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor, Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer.
3. For Assistant Professor Gr I : At least 3 years of teaching / research / industrial experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
4.For Assistant Professor on Gr II : This is not a regular cadre of the Institute. Ph.D. without adequate experience are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor on contract basis.
Professor of an Institute of national importance who is on the verge of retirement or who has recently retired may also apply for a contract appointment. Minimum requirements of qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
Last date for receipt of completed application forms:
Applications submitted 21 (twenty one) days prior to the date of interview will be considered. At least two reference letters from persons well acquainted with candidate’s work are essential for external applicants for consideration of candidature. Candidates have to ensure that reference letters as above reach the Institute well before the date of interview for consideration of their application. Tentative schedule of interviews for different departments is mentioned in the table above.
Reference letters from the referees may be sent electronically to email@example.com or to the address mentioned below:
Asst. Registrar (Faculty Affairs)
Ph : +91-361-2582189 / 2582059
E-mail: rec [AT] iitg.ac.in
To Submit Online Application: Click Here