IIS Bengaluru GIAN Course on “Approaches in Travel Behavior Research for Transportation Planning and Policy Decision Support”
Indian Institute of Science, IIS, Bengaluru is organizing a GIAN Course on “Approaches in Travel Behavior Research for Transportation Planning and Policy Decision Support” during 9th August 2019 to 13th August 2019
Title : “Approaches in Travel Behavior Research for Transportation Planning and Policy Decision Support”
About the course :
The increased focus on demand centric approaches has resulted in the emergence of traffic engineering and management, demand management, travel behaviour, and transportation planning and policy as key research areas of transportation engineering (TE) today. Problem solving in demand centric approaches of transportation engineering is heavily based on modelling, optimization, and data sciences (probability and statistics). In this context, travel behavior research has particularly emerged as an important investigative area covering mathematical modeling aspects such as agent-based activity-travel demand modeling and new econometric modeling structures. Such analyses are critical to implementing informed and effective transportation plans and policies. Further, activity based travel behaviour analysis and modelling framework is fundamentally different than the traditional travel demand modeling approach in terms of using an activity episode as the basic unit of modelling rather than the individual trip. The basic premise is that travel is a derived demand and is typically undertaken to pursue activities dislocated in space. Thus, modelling activity episode type choice, duration, and location, along with the associated travel, can result in better and more robust models that are sensitive not just to transportation infrastructure changes but also to transport policies such as congestion charging, parking policy, mixed land use, and fare rationalization.
Course Objectives :
▪ To build capacity of field and academic professionals, and students working in the area of Transportation Engineering and Planning to use approaches in Travel Behavior Research for Transportation Planning and Policy Decision Support for India.
▪ To demonstrate the effective use of theoretical approaches through case studies on travel behavior analysis and modeling.
Who can Attend :
▪ Executives, engineers and researchers, students at all levels (BTech/MSc/MTech/PhD)
▪ Faculty from reputed academic institutions and technical institutions
How to apply :
Interested candidate need to apply online through official website or link given below
Participation fees :
1. Participants from abroad (other than SAARC countries) : US $500
2. Participants from India & SAARC countries :
▪ Professionals from Industry/ Govt. organizations/ Think Tanks or NGOs : Rs. 30,000
▪ Professionals from Academic Institutions/ Research Organizations : Rs. 10,000
▪ Students : Rs. 2,000
The above fee include all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, laboratory equipment usage charges, 24 hr free internet facility. The participants will be provided with accommodation on payment basis.
Mode of payment :
Candidate can pay participation fee through credit card/debit card/net banking
Important dates :
Last date of apply online : Before 1/7/2019
Date of course : during 9th August 2019 to 13th August 2019
Further Details at Official Notification
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|