IIFPT Thanjavur Walk-in Interview Jan 2019 for Adjunct Faculty/ SRF/ JRF/ PA Posts
Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, (IIFPT) Thanjavur has invited application from eligible candidates for the recruitment for Adjunct Faculty/ SRF/ JRF/ PA purely temporary/ time bound basis. Details of the recruitment are given below:
1. For Adjunct Faculty: Faculty shall be less than 70 years
2. For SRF/JRF/PA: 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on the date of the Interview
Name of the Posts: (No. of the Post)
1. Adjunct Faculty: 1 posts
2. SRF: 3 posts
3. JRF: 1 post
4. PA: 2 posts
1. Adjunct Faculty - Food Process Engineering: 1 posts
2. Commercial Sample analysis - DFSQT: 3 SRF
3. Design & development of cold plasma based portable water treatment unit for armed forces in difficult conditions (GAP- 045): 1 JRF
4. Newtrition (GAP-029): 1 PA
5. Designing 3-D printed foods for personalized nutrition (GAP- 040): 1 PA
1. For Adjunct Faculty - Food Process Engineering:
M Tech/ PhD with specialization in Post Harvest Technology/ Food Technology/ Food Engineering or Agricultural Engineering / Chemical Engineering specialized in Food Process Engineering. The desirable qualification is Ph.D in the respective disciplines
A faculty retired from technical institutions or a person of eminence with a Post graduate or PhD qualifications having 10-15 years of experience from Industry/ organization shall satisfy the following norms:
• Teaching and research organizations of State/ Central government Institutions/ Universities
• Central and State Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
• Reputed Industries
• NRIs and PIOs working with reputed overseas academic, research and industrial organizations or having a demonstrated interest in Indian issues.
2. For Commercial Sample analysis - DFSQT:
Masters Degree with NET passed in Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Food Chemistry/ M. Tech in Food Technology / Food Science and Technology/ Chemical Engineering/ Biotechnology. The desirable qualification is Ph.D with working experience in a Chemical laboratory and experience in handling high-tech Instruments.
3. For Design & development of cold plasma based portable water treatment unit for armed forces in difficult conditions (GAP- 045):
M.Tech/ M.E. in Food Process Engineering/ Food Science & Technology/ Food Technology/ Biotechnology/ Nanotechnology or M.Sc. in the above disciplines with NET or M.Sc. in Food Science & Nutrition with NET or Ph.D in the above disciplines.
4. For Newtrition (GAP-029):
B.Tech in Food Process Engineering/ Food Science & technology/ Agricultural Process Engineering/ Biotechnology or M.Sc. in the above disciplines/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry. Desirable expertise: expertise/ experience in basic food proximate analysis, optimization and post purification analysis, automated solid phase extraction technique, different sample preparation methods for LCMS, LCMS method development and validation, operating texture analyser & rheometer and interpretation of the result.
5. For Designing 3-D printed foods for personalized nutrition (GAP- 040):
B.Tech in Food Process Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Food technology or M.Sc. in Food Science/ Food Technology/ Food & Nutrition.
Consolidated Monthly Remuneration is as follows:-
1. For Adjunct Faculty:
Maximum up to Rs.80,000/- per month (remuneration will be varied based on experience, expertise in the field and the total number of working days)
2. For Senior Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow: Rs.25,000/- Consolidated (in addition 10% HRA on the consolidated amount)
3. For Project Assistant: Rs.12,000/- Consolidated (in addition 10% HRA on the consolidated amount)
Period of empanelment for Adjunct Faculty:
6 months to 3 years based on the performance and requirement
Tenure of the Project for SRF/JRF/PA:
Till the completion of the Project Period (Renewal once in six months) initially up-to June-2019 and subsequently based on satisfactory performance
Rs.500/- (exempted for SC/ST/PWD Candidates)
Mode of Payment:
Cash/ DD/ Postal Order drawn in favour of “The Director, Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur”
Mode of Selection:
The selection will be based on a short duration written examination followed by an interview.
How to Apply:
Candidate need to attend the Interview on the date given below and should accompany with original certificates, including OBC/SC/ST/PH certificates, grade card/ mark sheets/ publications, two numbers of colour passport size photographs and CV, as well as a set of photo copies of all relevant documents along with application form prescribed by IIFPT at the time of walk-in-interview.
Date of Interview:
04 Feb 2019 at 09:30 AM
Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Ministry of Food Processing Industries Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur – 613 005