IGNOU Admission to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) for January Session 2020
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) notification has released for admission to B.Ed program based on entrance test conducted by the university. Selected candidates are admitted to various regional centers throughout the country based on their score in the IGNOU B.Ed entrance test. Details of the asmission are as follows:
The B.Ed. programme will focus on:
– developing an understanding of context of education in contemporary Indian Society,
– appreciating the role of context and socio-politicalrealities about learners in facilitating learning in inclusive settings,
– creating sensitivity about language diversity in classroom and its role in teaching-learning process
– developing an understanding of paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum,
– identifying, challenging and overcoming gender inequalities in school, classroom, curricula, textbook, social institutions, etc.,
– enabling student-teachers to acquire necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences,
– developing competencies among student-teachers to select and use appropriate assessment strategies for facilitating learning,
– engaging student-teachers with self, child, community and school to establish close connections between different curricular areas,
– enabling student-teachers to integrate and apply ICT in facilitating teaching-learning process and in school management,
– systematizing experiences and strengthening the professional competencies of student teachers, and
– providing first-hand experience of all the school activities through engaging student-teachers as interns in upper primay/ secondary/ senior secondary schools.
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years.
a) at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, and
b) The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
(i) Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
(ii) Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode
1. The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ ST /OBC (NCL)/ PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
2. Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
3. Masters’ Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU
Medium of Instruction:
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme is offered in English and Hindi medium only.
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the on-line entrance test conducted by NTA all over India. The candidate will be required to submit online entrance form. The original documents are to be verified later after receiving offer letter for admission at concerned regional centres.
No change of category code shall be entertained from the candidate after the submission of Entrance form.
Online Entrance Test:
Mere allowing candidates to take Entrance Test would not amount to acceptance of their eligibility for admission to B.Ed. The final admission to the programme shall be subject to their rank in the merit list in the Entrance Test and production of proof of their eligibility at the time of last date of submission of application for admission to B.Ed.programme alongwith original certificates and programme fee. The number of seats of each PSC is limited to 50 only. The university reserves the right to conduct the examination at different centres/ change the examination centre of the candidates without assigning any reason thereof.
Assignments are an integral and compulsory component of the instructional system. There are only one tutor marked assignments for each theory course. These assignments are to be submitted to the programme centre in accordance with the submission schedule provided separately in the programme guide.
1. Part A: Compulsory
(a.) General English Comprehension (Ques-10; Marks-10)
(b.) Logical & Analytical Reasoning (Ques-20; Marks-20)
(c.) Educational & General Awareness (Ques-25; Marks-25)
(d.) Teaching Learning & School (Ques-25; Marks-25)
Total Questions = 80; Total Marks = 80
2. Part B: Subject Competence (Attempt Any One)
(a.) Science (From Ques. 81 to 100)
(b.) Maths (From Ques. 101 to 120)
(c.) Social Studies (From Ques. 121 to 140)
(d.) English (From Ques. 141 to 160)
(e.) Hindi (From Ques. 161 to 180)
Rs. 50,000/- for the entire programme.
1. Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. programme are advised not to pay the programme fee along with the online entrance form. They will get a separate communication about their admission and payment of fee.
2. The programme fee should be paid only by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where their Regional Centre is situated.
Payment Mode: (Registration)
Payment of fee can be paid online using payment Gateway through net banking, debit card and credit card
Candidates can obtain their admit card online via visiting the official website of university. Their admit card is an important document to appear in the test. Candidates without a valid admit card will not be allowed to write in the exam.
How to Apply:
Candidate can be submitted Application Form online (except for International Students) through Online Admission System at the official website or the link given below.
Last date of online application form: 1st July 2019
Date of Entrance Test : 27th July, 2019
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification||Click Here|
|For Job State wise||Click Here|