High Court at Calcutta Recruitment Dec 2018 for Lower Division Assistant Post
High Court at Calcutta has invited application from eligible Indian citizens for the recruitment of Lower Division Assistant post on purely temporary basis but
are likely to be made permanent. Details of the recruitment are given below :
Name of the post & Category:(total no. of post)
1. Unreserved : 58 posts (Original Side : 12 & Appellate sid : 46)
2. Unreserved (Exempted Category) : 31 posts (Original Side : 7 & Appellate sid : 24)
3. Unreserved (Ex-serviceman) : 10 posts (Original Side : 3 & Appellate sid : 7)
4. Unreserved (Meritorious Sportspersons) : 5 posts (Original Side : 2 & Appellate sid : 3)
5. Unreserved (PWD) (Hearing Impairment) : 2 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 1)
6. Unreserved (PWD) (Loco Motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy) : 2 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 1)
7. Unreserved (PWD) (Blindness or Low Vision) : 3 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 2)
8. Scheduled Castes : 8 posts (Original Side : 2 & Appellate sid : 6)
9. Scheduled Castes (Exempted Category) : 14 posts (Original Side : 3 & Appellate sid : 11)
10. Scheduled Castes (Ex-serviceman) : 4 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 3)
11. Scheduled Tribes : 19 posts (Original Side : 4 & Appellate sid : 15)
12. Scheduled Tribes (Exempted Category) : 11 posts (Original Side : 3 & Appellate sid : 8)
13. O.B.C (A) : 13 posts (Original Side : 3 & Appellate sid : 10)
14. O.B.C (A) (Exempted Category) : 5 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 4)
15. O.B.C (B) : 11 posts (Original Side : 3 & Appellate sid : 8)
16. O.B.C (B) (Exempted Category) : 4 posts (Original Side : 1 & Appellate sid : 3)
Age Limit :
Age not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years as on 1st January, 2018 (Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal only). In case of Persons with disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years
Education Qualification :
1. Must have passed in the Higher Secondary Examination (12th standard) from the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination or its Equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board.
2. Must have knowledge in the vernacular of the State.
Pay Band : 02 of Rs. (5,400/- 25,200/-) with minimum pay of Rs. 6,570/- with
Grade Pay : Rs. 2,600/- along with other allowances as admissible under the
Mode of selelction : Based on Preliminary Screening Test (Stage-I), Competitive Written Test (Stage-II) & Viva-Voce Test (Stage-III)
How to apply :
Candidate need to apply Online through Official Website or link given below. Candidates are required to keep with them at least one ORIGINAL PhotoIdentity proof viz. Aadhar, e-aadhar, ID Card issued by College/University, Voter ID Card(EPIC), Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Bank Passbook copy with photograph thereon and shall produce the same on demand at the time of examination in the examination centre.
Note : Candidates are requested to attend the examination centre, only with downloaded Admit Cards and photo identity proof (in original) along with ball point pen. The Candidates are advised to go through the website www.calcuttahighcourt.gov.in regularly for latest update.
Admit card :
Candidates need to download and take a printout of Admit Card.
Examination fee :
For SC & ST the State of West Bengal Examination (+bank charges extra) : Fees Rs. 250/-
All other categories and subcategories of candidates (under serial number 3) those who are applying directly : Rs. 500/- (+bank charges extra) Fee is Exempted categories and Ex-serviceman categories
Mode of payment :
Candidate need to pay examination fee in the form of challan. Rs. 24/- has to be paid as bank charge
Important dates :
1. Commencement of online submission of application by the candidates : 20.12.2018
2. Closing of online submission of application : 19.01.2019
3. Last date for payment of fees through offline : 17.01.2019
4. Commencement for downloading Admit Cards : 09.02.2019
5. Last date for downloading Admit Cards : 24.02.2019 (12.00 Noon)
6. Tentative date of the OMR based written examination : 24.02.2019
7. Tentative date of the publication of category wise merit list for candidates those who have appeared in the OMR based test : 10.03.2019
Date & Venue of the OMR based Examination :
Date and venue of the OMR based examination shall be intimated to the candidates through Admit Card which can be downloaded. Without downloaded Admit Card, no candidate will be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall.