FRI Dehradun Admission Jan 2019 for Master of Science Course
About FRI Entrance Exam 2019:
Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University conducts FRI Entrance Exam in order to shortlist aspirants for master’s programmes offered by the institute. On the basis of a candidate’s score in FRI Entrance Exam, he/she is shortlisted for admission in courses such as – MSc Forestry, MSc Wood Science & Technology, MSc Environment Management and MSc Cellulose & Paper Technology.
Course Offerd & No. of Seats:
1. MSc Forestry: 38
2. MSc Wood Science & Technology: 38
3. MSc Environment Management: 38
4. MSc Cellulose & Paper Technology: 20
1. For MSc Forestry:
Three years Bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry
2. For MSc Wood Science & Technology:
Three years Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
3. For MSc Environment Management:
Three years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or applied Sciences or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
4. For MSc Cellulose & Paper Technology:
Three years Bachelors degree in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects or BE/ B.Tech. (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering). The 2nd year of this course is likely to be conducted at Central Pulp & Paper Research Institute (CPPRI), Saharanpur
Percentage of marks (in the qualifying examination):
Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes may apply.
Centre of Examination:
(1) Dehra Dun, (2) Jabalpur, (3) Bangalore, (4) Kolkata, (5) Chandigarh, (6) Delhi, (7) Lucknow, (8) Jodhpur, (9) Shimla, (10) Ranchi, (11) Coimbatore and (12) Jorhat.
Out of the above, following seats are reserved for:
(1) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively
(2) Reservation to OBC: will be provided as per the policy of GOI
(3) Physically Handicapped: 3% reservation to the Persons with Disabilities under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 Chapter No. 39, in each course for the candidates
with locomotor disabilities one leg, one arms (without mobility restriction) and persons with partial deafness. The candidates will have to produce Disability certificate issued by competent authority at the time of Counseling for admission
(4) ICFRE Employee: 5 seats in M.Sc. Environment Management.
On the basis of an Entrance Test conducted by FRI followed by counselling
Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only)
Mode of payment:
Bank Draft payable at Dehradun in favour of Registrar, FRI Deemed to be University, P.O.I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun- 248 195.
How to Apply:
Application form can be filled online or offline followed by submission at the institute address. Students are advised to follow the below-listed steps:
1. Visit the official website of FRI Dehradun and download the application form. OR
2. Obtain the application form from Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University, Dehradun on payment of INR 1200 through cash. OR
3. Candidates can also obtain the application form through post on payment of INR 1200 in the form of DD drawn in favour of ‘Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University payable at Dehradun’
i) Fill the application form in your own handwriting with Blue or Black pen.
ii) Send the duly filled form through Registered or Speed post along with the application fee to: The Registrar, Forest Research Institute Deemed to be University,
Documents required at the time of Counselling:
i) Transfer and Migration certificate
ii) X and XII mark sheet
iii) Qualifying degree mark sheet
iv) Admission Test Admit Card
v) Caste, PWD Certificate (if applicable)
v) Aadhaar Card
Issue of application forms starts on: 21st January, 2019
Last date for issue of application forms by post : 25th March, 2019
Last date for issue of application forms from Institute’s /Bank counter: 29th March, 2019
Last date for receiving completed application forms : 08th April, 2019
Date of admission test : 19th May, 2019
The dates may be changed at the discretion of the university authorities
For FRI Entrance Exam 2019 Contact:
Forest Research Institute (Deemed) University, Dehradun Kaula garh Road,
PO. IPE 248195, Phone No: 0135-2751826, Email: email@example.com
Phone Number : 0135-2224439/ 2224439/ 2224495
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|