Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Admission Jan 2019 Notification
About CLAT 2019:
CLAT 2019 also known as Common Law Admission Test 2019 will be conducted by National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO) for the admission year 2019-2020. The CLAT 2019 will be conducted on May 12, 2019. The common law admission test will be administered offline. The national-level law entrance examination will be held to offer admissions into the undergraduate law programmes including B.A LL.B, B.B.A LL.B, B.Com LL.B and B.Sc LL.B. The NLU Odisha will administer the Common Law Admission Test to offer admissions into 21 NLUs including Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU) and Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU). Admissions to as many as 2600 undergraduate seats will be offered through CLAT 2019.
What is CLAT?
1. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.
2. It is the topmost law entrance examination conducted at national level.
3. Each year, it is conducted by 19 law schools on the basis of their establishment.
4. Intermediate graduates can apply for LLB program and Law graduates can apply for LLM programs.
5. Like CLAT, LSAT India is another top-notch exam which has joined the race of law examination
Programs offered by the National Law Universities (NLUs):
BA LLB (Hons)
BBA LLB (Hons)
B. Com LLB (Hons)
BSc. LLB (Hons)
BSW LLB (Hons)
1. There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
2. As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
i) Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI categories
ii) Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
3. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/ April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
4. The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
5. In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i) Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
ii) Higher age;
iii) Computerised draw of lots.
1. An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
2. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2019.
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
National Law University, Jodhpur
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Ram Manohar Lohiya National law University, Lucknow
Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala
Chanakya National Law University, Patna
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
HP National Law University, Shimla
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU)
The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category/ categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2019 results.
Rs.4,000/- for General/ OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI candidates
Rs.3,500/- for SC/ ST/ BPL category candidates
Mode of payment:
Application fees can be paid only online.
Admit Card/ Hall ticket:
The Admit Card/ Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.
How to apply:
Candidate need to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once the mobile number is validated, candidate can login using mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration. Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application:
1. Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
2. Signature of the candidate
3. Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
4. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
5. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
6. Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile. Issued by revenue department/ taluk office. Please note that this upload is optional at the time of application. However, you will need to produce this document at the time of admission, if you are claiming reservation under the domicile category.
CLAT 2019 Online application opens: 13 Jan, 2019
Last date for applying CLAT 2019: 31st March 2019.
(Tentative) Date of Admit Card: 20 Apr, 2019 – 11 May, 2019
Date of Exam: 12 May, 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
|For Official Notification||Click Here|
|To Apply Online||Click Here|
|For Latest Job Notification:||Click Here|
|For Job Notification State- Wise:||Click Here|