10 days Smartphone Film Making Course at Manipur University
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT), in association with Dept. of Mass Communication, Manipur University announces Smartphone Film Making Course on Manipur University Campus, Imphal. Details are as follows:
1. Duration: 04th to 14th Nov 2019 (10 days)
2. Timings: 9 am to 4 pm
3. No. of participants: 40
4. Venue: Dept. of Mass Communication, Manipur University
1. Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 30 is reached.
2. Out of 40 seats, 20 seats are reserved for participants directly associated with Manipur University (present students, staff, teachers etc) and 20 seats are reserved for outsiders.
Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st Nov 2019
HSC (12th pass). However, 10th pass in exceptional cases.
Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served.
Course Content & structure:
* Ways of seeing ..how we see the world around us
* How can we see this in terms of picture and sound
* Breaking up of this process into basic building blocks
* The basic blocks -shots- with descriptions . The language of cinema
* Shots, camera angles and movements …hows and whys
* The phone camera …how to use it optimally. Bringing out the creative eye .
* Tripod and handheld shooting . Using a selfie stick …gimbal for stabilizing shots
* Focus, aperture, shutter speed ,frame rate …white balance and colour temperature . Aesthetics and art
* Composition …basics and rules of composition
* Painting with light …optimizing available light ..using ,shaping , cutting light selective highlighting, underplaying with light
* Sound, as an integral component . Recording sound optimally using on-cam microphone, and usage of sound …natural ambient sound, speech, dialogues, interviews ,voiceovers , music and sound effects .
* Linking shots together into sequences to express an idea, emotion, impression , thought ,action
* Weaving sequences together to express a story line ..developing a script that uses linkages of pictures and sounds to make a cohesive structure that communicates the story. Story board .
* Examples of mobile film making and shot , basic sequence shooting exercises
* Planning the shoot . Each group works on a separate film as group exercise .
* Editing – basic methodology, art. aesthetics . Translating the separate shots from the script into an audio visual entity through the editing process
* Review and final screening
How to Apply:
Candidates need to submit application in the prescribed format and submit the dully filled application along with necessary documents and application fee to
Dr. Meenakumari Angom,
Head of Department,
Department of Mass Communication,
PIN – 795003
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Smartphone Film Making Course”.
1. For participants associated with Manipur University: Rs 4,500/- per participant (inc. of GST)
2. For Outsiders: Rs 5,500/- per participant (inclusive of GST)
Mode of Payment: Cash OR through Demand Draft.
1. Cash: Take a print-out of application form from FTII website (www.ftii.ac.in) or Manipur University website (www.manipuruniv.ac.in), fill-in all the details. Deposit Rs 4,000/- or Rs 5,300/- (as the case may be) at the Office, Department of Mass Communication, Manipur University and obtain receipt of same (10 am to 4 pm). Take photocopy (xerox) of said receipt and attach it to the application form. Also, attach photocopy of your highest (last) educational qualification. Submit all the above documents at the office, Department of Mass Communication, Manipur University as given below.
2. Demand Draft: Draw a Demand Draft of Rs 4,500/- or 5,500/- (as the case may be) in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune” and must be payable at Pune. Take a print-out of application form from the FTII website (www.ftii.ac.in) or Manipur University website (www.manipuruniv.ac.in). Fill in all the details and attach said Demand Draft. Also, attach photocopy of your highest (last) educational qualification. Submit/ send all the above documents at the and Speed Post/ Courier OR deliver it in person to;
For any queries email to email@example.com or call 09923242654 (Prof. Sandeep Shahare, FTII Pune) preferably on weekdays between 10 am to 6 pm. You may also call Dr. Natasha, Associate Professor from Manipur University (7005401549)
Last date for receipt of application: 14th Oct 2019 by 3 pm.